[SOLVED] Game not responding (and some other errors)

Feb 26, 2020
Hello everyone,
I built this PC in fb 2018,was my first ever build PC i didn't have too much of an idea what i was doing but i kept reading forums and so on and i went for it as the parts i choose were compatible with eachothers.
Here is my PC's build:
-GPU: GTX 1050 TI 4 GB
-CPU: Ryzen 5 1500x (i did not OC this its on default)
-RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 3200MHz (Its running on 2111 right now if iam not wrong)
-Motherboard: ASrock B350 Pro4
-PSU: I do not remember the brand name but its a Bronze 600W

I've been experiencing many issues i tried to fix em looking on the internet nothing worked,now to get to the point i keep getting random Blue Screens such as:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT | SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR and maybe one more which i do not remember right now.Whatever i do watching a simple video on youtube or having nothing else open than a MP3 player my screen freeze then goes black for about 3-5 secs and comes back and sometimes screen goes black but not totally black it still has a bit of light sometimes i can see my mouse arrow sometimes i cant and i have to reset my PC in order to keep using it.I also play a MMORPG called Blade&Soul game usually runs ok but then sometimes i keep getting "Game not responding" i found a "solution" for it to "unfreeze" i was unplugging the cable that connects my monitor to my GPU and plug it back that would fix the "not responding" issue.That worked for a good amount of months until 3 days ago,now no matter how many times i plug or unplug it game remains the same i lowered graphics to 0 still happens.

What i tried so far:
-Clean windows reinstall 3 times.
-Bought a new HDMI cable,also tried a HDMI to VGA.
-Clean graphic drivers (used the DDU tool then downloaded the drivers manually from NVIDIA website)
-Reinstalled the game 3 times.(Happens with multiple games not just Blade&Soul but i gave it a try still)
-Prevented programs from starting automatically (msconfing>start>hide all microsoft stuff etc etc)
-Winsock.
-CMD Windows System File Checker.
And that's when i ran out of ideas,I apologize if i posted this in wrong section and for the long ass text i just tried to provide as much information as i could.Iam also using a Blue Screen View to save some info about BSOD for some reason i cannot attach files so here's a pastebin with the errors https://pastebin.com/6KFXMn6L

If your RAM is actually rated at 3200, you have to enable XMP mode in the MB BIOS to run it at that speed. This of course would be in the memory settings of the BIOS. Also, any gaming system using what is now considered to be one of the mediocre Ryzen chips in the 1500x, needs high speed RAM (at least 3200 speed). It may not be what's causing the errors, but it certainly would affect performance.

Also, on W10, if running just 8GB RAM, it's best to turn off any non essential system features (apps). This can lower idle RAM usage by as much as 1GB. It's also best with minimal RAM to disable any non essential startups.

I also recommend whenever gaming on budget hardware to run Intelligent Standby List Cleaner to free up as much memory as possible whilst gaming. It's a free tool you just launch and minimize before starting a game session. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released

Also, make sure when you use SFC that you first restore the system file image, otherwise it's pointless. This is MS' official guide on how to do it properly. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

On Memtest86, you can check for a faulty module just by running each stick in the first slot one at a time. You don't need Memtest running to do this. When you do run the test on both modules though, make sure you let it go through all the default tests, which will take well over 2 hours. There should be zero errors. Memtest will find whether or not either module produces errors without needing to test them one at a time, which would take WAY longer than necessary.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020
memtest ram module one at the time seams bad ram error .
My apologizes i forgot to mention i did a memtest86 also and results were ok.

If your RAM is actually rated at 3200, you have to enable XMP mode in the MB BIOS to run it at that speed. This of course would be in the memory settings of the BIOS. Also, any gaming system using what is now considered to be one of the mediocre Ryzen chips in the 1500x, needs high speed RAM (at least 3200 speed). It may not be what's causing the errors, but it certainly would affect performance.
Done and my system wouldn't even boot after that.

Also, on W10, if running just 8GB RAM, it's best to turn off any non essential system features (apps). This can lower idle RAM usage by as much as 1GB. It's also best with minimal RAM to disable any non essential startups.
Also done.

I also recommend whenever gaming on budget hardware to run Intelligent Standby List Cleaner to free up as much memory as possible whilst gaming. It's a free tool you just launch and minimize before starting a game session. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/intelligent-standby-list-cleaner-v1000-released
Testing it right now.

Also, make sure when you use SFC that you first restore the system file image, otherwise it's pointless. This is MS' official guide on how to do it properly. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
Did.

My apologizes i forgot to mention i did a memtest86 also and results were ok.
Done and my system wouldn't even boot after that.
That shouldn't be the case, as that MB supports that speed. It says (OC), but that just means you need to enable XMP. Do you by chance have an existing overclock setting on your CPU or RAM that might be causing the problem?

The weird thing is, after having looked at the pdf manual for that MB, it says or shows nothing on how to set RAM to XMP. That may have changed in the later BIOS versions though. However wikichip also states that your CPU is limited to 2666 RAM speed, so try setting it to that.

https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_5/1500x#Memory_controller

Feb 26, 2020
That shouldn't be the case, as that MB supports that speed. It says (OC), but that just means you need to enable XMP. Do you by chance have an existing overclock setting on your CPU or RAM that might be causing the problem?
Thank you for the reply and iam very confident that i do not have any OC on CPU nor RAM.I will test with 2666 and update this post.

Update:I also i tried 2666 same result as 3200,system wont boot up.
Anothe rupdate: I also tried using 2400 also still doesn't boot up.

Last edited:

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
use one module at the time for memtest and see will look at ram and it is test for board did you do any virus test and malwares alos recheck os files in case or error and you havethe latest driver in system specialy the gpu one .

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2020
does it always happening on the same game and name of it .
As i mentioned in my first post yes happens to this game only while playing other games it acts in a different way,but that's not what worries is even if i just listen to music and have nothing else open my screen would go back for like 5 secs then come back or sometimes its black(yet still got some light) i can hear the music but i cannot see anything and i have to restart my PC.