Game On exhibit in Chicago

Has anyone been to this yet?

http://www.msichicago.org/gameon/index.html

Is it worth going to? Looks like a lot of console stuff, but they also have
some upright games as well. I plan on going eventually, but is it worth it??
Please let me know!!!

Thanks,
Brian

Andrew

I enjoyed myself...

There was ALOT of consoles, and some old school stuff, like Commodores and
more.

Some of the original Dragons Lair artwork was there too.

As far as games, they had a few you could play, even one in a MAME on a
projector. Playe DK3 and MS P* on that one... filled the whole wall up. Too
funny.

Anyways, if you go, you should look at the industry exhibit with the robots
in it. They make these little toys on an assembly line and it is really
awesome. Best part of the visit. You can even buy one and watch it being
made...

Anyways, hope that helps.

Andrew

"Brian Morris" <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone been to this yet?
>
> http://www.msichicago.org/gameon/index.html
>
> Is it worth going to? Looks like a lot of console stuff, but they also
have
> some upright games as well. I plan on going eventually, but is it worth
it??
> Please let me know!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

DEFINITELY it would be worth going to! I've been following the Game On
exhibit for months and I really wish they would bring it to my corner
of the world (West Coast of Canada).
Of course, my main interest is the two Computer Space machines in the
exhibit since I know the owners. But even beyond that I would love to
check out that show.
If you don't go, give me your ticket! (just kidding)

computerspacefan@hotmail.com
http://www.computerspacefan.com

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I'm sure that would be worth going to.
I sure miss the classic gaming expo, when it use to come to Vegas.
All kinds of gaming, including coin op. very interesting gaming museum also.

Troy,

Brian Morris <bmorris@endlessarcade.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone been to this yet?
>
> http://www.msichicago.org/gameon/index.html
>
> Is it worth going to? Looks like a lot of console stuff, but they also
have
> some upright games as well. I plan on going eventually, but is it worth
it??
> Please let me know!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

hi there..

prepare to update your info :) The blue computer space is owned by the
exhibit, the yellow is owned by the atari museum. We did use to have a blue
computer space at the london show in 2002, but that was only exhibiting for
that one venue, and yes that was owned by an outside collector friend. We
have since obtained the Blue Computer Space as a permanent addition.

The Game On Exhibit is open until September in Chicago. It will be going to
San Jose, CA at the Tech Centre next (the place next to where CAX usually is
held)... i think in early 2006, for 4 months.. then its going to Seattle, WA
for 4 months in mid 2006.... Is that close enough to western Canada for
you?

Then it goes back to England at the science museum in london.. then it goes
off to Brazil i think, but thats a little way off in the future still.

how do i know all this? I'm a consultant on the show, and i tour with it
moving it from place to place..

enjoy, its worth a visit! The arcade machines may be few in number (4 static
displays, and about 13 playable classics) but they are an integral part of
the much larger picture. I am looking to add even more games for the CA, and
WA shows.

I have to thank Joe M from just outside Chicago area for helping me out keep
the damn things running while i'm not there :)

enjoy.

--
Andy Welburn
www.andys-arcade.com