Question Game only crashes on my new PC. Can you decipher the .dmp?

Squeemeister

Reputable
Oct 25, 2019
Built a new PC. Everything that ran on my old PC runs fine except ONE game.
The game is 'The Cave' by Double Fine.
99% of the time, the 2 logo screens play but as soon as "Loading" appears on the screen, the game either freezes until it crashes or just crashes.
Every once in a while, when I'm trying different things to make it work, it'll load w/out crashing. If I save and exit, then try to relaunch it'll crash.

I feel like I've tried everything; Disabling cloud save/load. Obviously, verifying file integrity. Uninstalling and reinstalling. Reinstalling on a different HD. Disabling resizable bar. Disabling background apps. Changing screen resolution to what my old system ran and editing the screen.dat file to emulate my old PC. Changing Windows Sound output/input to bypass VoiceMeeter. Nothing consistently works. The last time it ran, I had just shutdown Discord. But relaunch w/no changes resulted in crash.

It's generating a .dmp file every time it crashes but I don't have the knowledge needed to make heads or tails of it (even with the app that deciphers it).
First, should I share a .dmp file? Does it contain any info I shouldn't share w/others?
Second, anyone think they can figure out what's going on from the .dmp file?

Built a new PC. Everything that ran on my old PC runs fine except ONE game.
The game is 'The Cave' by Double Fine.
99% of the time, the 2 logo screens play but as soon as "Loading" appears on the screen, the game either freezes until it crashes or just crashes.
Every once in a while, when I'm trying different things to make it work, it'll load w/out crashing. If I save and exit, then try to relaunch it'll crash.

I feel like I've tried everything; Disabling cloud save/load. Obviously, verifying file integrity. Uninstalling and reinstalling. Reinstalling on a different HD. Disabling resizable bar. Disabling background apps. Changing screen resolution to what my old system ran and editing the screen.dat file to emulate my old PC. Changing Windows Sound output/input to bypass VoiceMeeter. Nothing consistently works. The last time it ran, I had just shutdown Discord. But relaunch w/no changes resulted in crash.

It's generating a .dmp file every time it crashes but I don't have the knowledge needed to make heads or tails of it (even with the app that deciphers it).
First, should I share a .dmp file? Does it contain any info I shouldn't share w/others?
Second, anyone think they can figure out what's going on from the .dmp file?
Since this is an old game, try setting the application to run in Windows XP SP3 compatiblity mode.

Squeemeister

Reputable
Oct 25, 2019
Ok, so here's the specs, but I'm really just looking for someone who can read/interpret the .dmp file.
Also, if you can imagine it, I've likely already tried it while troubleshooting this issue. (e.g. Running Compatibility mode)
Besides, the game runs fine on an i9 9900K w/a 2080 Super on same OS.

PC SPECS:
i9 13900K
DeepCool LT720 AiO
Gigabyte z790 Aorus Elite AX
2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw S5 DDR5 @6000
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe
WD Blue 2TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI Gaming X Trio 4070 Ti
EVGA Supernova 850 G5