Game opens in taskbar then closes after 5 seconds

piomat

Honorable
May 20, 2017
So the game in question here is Ultimate Spider-Man. Whenever I try to open up the game, my cursor disappears as if the game was starting up and a BLANK icon appears in my taskbar, only for my cursor to come back and the icon to disappear after a few seconds, making it impossible for me to play the game. I have checked that when I initially open the game, it comes up in Task Manager and it uses up CPU, Memory and all of that stuff that a game is supposed to use, and I know that it's nothing to do with the game itself as it worked for me a few months ago.

The thing is that the game USED to actually crash a few seconds after I opened (the game never did actually open though) but now it just seamlessly closes as if I had Alt+F4d it.

I've tried to look around for solutions before asking this myself and I've tried MANY things to solve this, some of which include:

-Running in Windows XP Compatibility mode (this seems to be the most common fix for this type of issue)

-Reinstalled the game (Done this around 6 times)

-Downloaded, Uninstalled, Reinstalled Direct X and Visual C++

-Verified System Files

-Updated Graphics Card Drivers (As well as all of my other drivers)

-Updated Windows

-Many many other solutions to this

And other games seem to work fine for me, so I don't know what it is with this game. This is an old game and my PC is more than capable to handle it, these are my specs:

NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz
8 GB RAM

I am running a 64 bit Windows 10 OS and I would really want to play this game. Thank you

piomat

Honorable
May 20, 2017

I just tried this, no result, cursor still disappears but the game still doesn't start

piomat

Honorable
May 20, 2017

Nope, just tried that now, still nothing

Oct 8, 2018
My game had been working and for some reason the next day it suddenly did the same thing yours is. I installed the widescreen fix to use on a different monitor and it worked and now suddenly it won't the next day. Has the OP found a solution or is the thread dead?

TRENDING THREADS