Game Paused

Hi
can someone tell me how to stop the game pausing everytime i go to the
traffic tools map it's very annoying
many thanks

Slim

SlimBoyFat wrote:
> Hi
> can someone tell me how to stop the game pausing everytime i go
> to the traffic tools map it's very annoying
> many thanks
>
> Slim

You don't say which game you are referring to, but if it is FS9 you may find
that deselecting 'Pause on task switch' in Options may help...

--
Cheers,

Quilly

Thanks guys that fixed the problem
many thanks
> SlimBoyFat wrote:
>> Hi
>> can someone tell me how to stop the game pausing everytime i go
>> to the traffic tools map it's very annoying
>> many thanks
>>
>> Slim
>
> You don't say which game you are referring to, but if it is FS9 you may
> find that deselecting 'Pause on task switch' in Options may help...
>

> --
> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

stevej

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004

Not sue what the traffic tools map is but have you tried settings/ pause on
task option ?

HTH
Steve

"SlimBoyFat" <sbf@ru.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> can someone tell me how to stop the game pausing everytime i go to
> the traffic tools map it's very annoying
> many thanks
>
> Slim

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:22:33 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>You don't say which game you are referring to, but if it is FS9 you may find
>that deselecting 'Pause on task switch' in Options may help...

I was hoping that deselecting "Pause On Task" would stop the
simulation stopping (you know what I mean) whenever I display the
Flight Map. It doesn' t :-(

Deselecting "Pause On Task" does allow the sim to keep running
whenever I switch applications but it doesn't seem to do much else.

Any ideas as to how I could keep flying when viewing the Flight Map?

Using FS8
James

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:46:23 GMT, James Hodson wrote:

> Deselecting "Pause On Task" does allow the sim to keep running
> whenever I switch applications but it doesn't seem to do much else.
>
> Any ideas as to how I could keep flying when viewing the Flight Map?

You can't. Quit wasting time trying to find a way... ;)

Bill

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 12:32:47 -0400, Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:46:23 GMT, James Hodson wrote:
>
>> Any ideas as to how I could keep flying when viewing the Flight Map?
>
>You can't. Quit wasting time trying to find a way... ;)

So be it :-(

James

Bob

James Hodson wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 12:32:47 -0400, Bill Leaming <n4gix@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:46:23 GMT, James Hodson wrote:
>>

>>>Any ideas as to how I could keep flying when viewing the Flight Map?
>>
>>You can't. Quit wasting time trying to find a way... ;)
>>

> So be it :-(
>
> James

WHOA Big Guy, (as Marcel one croaked)

If it's impossible I have been having one hell of a time doing it.
Maybe I should go back and read the whole thread but in these
image-strips you can see I have flown with the Kneeboard plus following
my progress on the map it's self on the main monitor and again with the
map on the left monitor while flying the aircraft on the primary
monitor. Please don't ask me how it's done, I don't know.

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/formation-jets.jpg

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/m-map.jpg

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/moving_map.jpg

http://xs23.xs.to/pics/05146/pesky-jets.jpg

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:01:16 GMT, boB <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom>
wrote:

>If it's impossible I have been having one hell of a time doing it.
>Maybe I should go back and read the whole thread but in these
>image-strips you can see I have flown with the Kneeboard plus following
>my progress on the map it's self on the main monitor and again with the
>map on the left monitor while flying the aircraft on the primary
>monitor. Please don't ask me how it's done, I don't know.

Hi Bob

I am using FS2002 and was taking about that program's Flight Map - no
add ons.

Pressing this <URL:http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Pannel.jpg>
pauses the simulation. Don't pay too close attention to the
screen-shot. I used the parked Cessna just to show what button I was
talking about.

James

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:01:16 GMT, boB wrote:

> WHOA Big Guy, (as Marcel one croaked)
>
> If it's impossible I have been having one hell of a time doing it.
> Maybe I should go back and read the whole thread but in these
> image-strips you can see I have flown with the Kneeboard plus following
> my progress on the map it's self on the main monitor and again with the
> map on the left monitor while flying the aircraft on the primary
> monitor. Please don't ask me how it's done, I don't know.

boB,

James wasn't asking about *that* "Flight Map," but rather the one in FS
that comes up with the Alt/World/Map key sequence... ;)

Bill