Dec 17, 2015
Before mentioning the issue I would like to show my PC specs-

ASUS 540UP Notebook PC
OS - Windows 10 64 bit
CPU- Core i 5- 7200U , up to 3.18 Hz
RAM- 4 gb
graphics - Intel HD Graphics 620 + Radeon HD 8500M 2GB
6 mbps internet connection

I play games such as call of duty modern warfare 3 , modern warfare 2 at the same time I do live streaming on facebook or youtube . During live streaming sometimes it is smooth and sometimes the stream lags . Besides the game also sometimes become crappy .

I think my laptop has a good specification but why my performance lags ? During gaming I always disable antivirus but still the streamed video becomes choppy .

I use Xsplit broadcaster software and sometimes OBS studio for live streaming .

Any help would be appreciated .

Solution

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
You could try upgrading the ram to 8 gb (adding or swapping the same type of ram), but of course, desktops do have more raw power (you know, they have discrete graphics rather than integrated?) more ram = better multitasking

tanjib

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
But I think my PC is pretty good enough to handle the load . Is there any other broadcasting software that is fast ? If there please let me know .

You can visit my youtube page and watch some of my newly live gaming videos to get a better understanding of the problem . here is the link:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOnGsaoG4dlqSTm53YhQog?view_as=subscriber

Your cpu is good enough for playing the game but will not have enough power to handle both gaming and streaming. Normally I would suggest switching to amd's raptr or obs gpu acceleration but your gpu is not even recommended spec for mw3 so thats out of the question.
Then there is the problem of you only having 4gb of ram which is not enough.
So simply put get a better pc or keep going with what you have now and have the lagg.

Solution

tanjib

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
Alright it seems like there is a problem with my processor . Sometimes I am getting a message ( High processor usage detected . You may experience performance issues ) during live streaming with Xsplit Broadcaster .

By the way I am using the latest Adrenaline driver from AMD for my gpu but cannot find AMD rapt'r in my AMD RADEON SETTINGS . as mentioned above .
Where can I get it ?

Besides if you all can tell me how to use gpu instead of cpu for streaming in OBS studio ?

I also want to mention that video only lags when viewers view them live from their PC during I live stream but after 12 hours or so the streamed video becomes fast . Sorry it souns very odd but I experienced it .