Question Game permanently crashes after an unstable overclock

Glitchking123

Honorable
Apr 12, 2017
I genuinely need help as I have tried EVERYTHING I could.
I have an EVGA 2060 Super if that helps.
I was testing out some overclocking settings very liberally going up by increments of 10. I ran Rainbow Six Siege's benchmark at +1100MHz memory boost and +120MHz GPU boost. The game ran completely stable at +1000MHz meory and +110 MHz GPU
After the test though, my computer hung for a while. Nothing worked, it was frozen. Then I get a blue screen about 2 minutes later. Now, Siege will not open at all. I reinstalled the game entirely, verified files, ran as admin and compatibility, reinstalled drivers. Absolutely nothing worked. Other games work completely fine, but for some reason ONLY siege is broken now. I have another installation of the game on a different SSD and I tried running that and it still crashed. I reset the overclock back to normal, so the GPU isn't overclocked anymore. It's as if Windows blacklisted the game from running. Every other game runs perfectly fine.
Ubisoft wont even give me a crash log. I am completely left in the dark here

I genuinely need help as I have tried EVERYTHING I could.
I have an EVGA 2060 Super if that helps.
I was testing out some overclocking settings very liberally going up by increments of 10. I ran Rainbow Six Siege's benchmark at +1100MHz memory boost and +120MHz GPU boost. The game ran completely stable at +1000MHz meory and +110 MHz GPU
After the test though, my computer hung for a while. Nothing worked, it was frozen. Then I get a blue screen about 2 minutes later. Now, Siege will not open at all. I reinstalled the game entirely, verified files, ran as admin and compatibility, reinstalled drivers. Absolutely nothing worked. Other games work completely fine, but for some reason ONLY siege is broken now. I have another installation of the game on a different SSD and I tried running that and it still crashed. I reset the overclock back to normal, so the GPU isn't overclocked anymore. It's as if Windows blacklisted the game from running. Every other game runs perfectly fine.
Ubisoft wont even give me a crash log. I am completely left in the dark here
What happens when you try to launch the game?
Do you get any errors or can you see the game running on task manager or anything sometimes the game will launch in these case but the only thing the register the application launching will be task manger please post back with resaults

Glitchking123

Honorable
Apr 12, 2017
What happens when you try to launch the game?
Do you get any errors or can you see the game running on task manager or anything sometimes the game will launch in these case but the only thing the register the application launching will be task manger please post back with resaults
2PIAi9t.png

it does show up on task manager. All I get is a black screen and then it crashes. No crash logs since Ubisoft isn't making any for some reason

Glitchking123

Honorable
Apr 12, 2017
Turn off your pc and unplug drive with the second copy of siege then boot pc try the clean install again
They are in the same drive along with my other games. I did reinstall both of them. It didn't work. However, games run smoothly from the SSD and I even tested the GPU out on another machine and it worked there, it's just not working with siege on my PC

Glitchking123

Honorable
Apr 12, 2017
Nevermind guys. I found out the issue.
I dont know what specifically it was, but windows was just severely broken, so I scanned for updates and tried to install and it wouldn't work. I forced a disk check and repair and sure enough Windows updated and everything is functioning normally now as well as the game. I have absolutely no clue what windows was doing to prevent the game from launching, but I knew it had to have been Windows causing the crashes
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew