Game Question

my family has enjoyed playing mario party 6 for about a week now. my son
got some more money for his birthday, andand would like to purchase
another multi-player game for under $30. eventhough warioware inc. is a
couple years old, would it be fresh or fun for mario party fans? and are
there any other
budget multi-player games for the cube or ps2 anyone could suggest? we
already have all sports games, time-splittes 2, mariokart doubledash and
ssx3. thanks fo taking the time to read my lengthy post...

jim488@webtv.net (Jim I) writes:
> my family has enjoyed playing mario party 6 for about a week now. my son
> got some more money for his birthday, andand would like to purchase
> another multi-player game for under $30. eventhough warioware inc. is a
> couple years old, would it be fresh or fun for mario party fans? and are
> there any other
> budget multi-player games for the cube or ps2 anyone could suggest? we
> already have all sports games, time-splittes 2, mariokart doubledash and
> ssx3. thanks fo taking the time to read my lengthy post...

SuperMonkeyBall 2? This game has so many modes it isn't funny.
Quite fun and addictive.

--
Cheers, The Rhythm is around me,
The Rhythm has control.

"Jim I" <jim488@webtv.net> wrote in message
> my family has enjoyed playing mario party 6 for about a week now. my son
> got some more money for his birthday, andand would like to purchase
> another multi-player game for under $30. eventhough warioware inc. is a
> couple years old, would it be fresh or fun for mario party fans? and are
> there any other
> budget multi-player games for the cube or ps2 anyone could suggest? we
> already have all sports games, time-splittes 2, mariokart doubledash and
> ssx3. thanks fo taking the time to read my lengthy post...

Wario Ware isn't a very good multiplayer game. It's a really fun
single-player game, but it's not really one that you'll keep going back to
once you're done with it. And multiplayer mode is a lot of taking turns at
the single-player game with gimmicks thrown in. That's fine, but it's not
put together very well--it's not as much fun as Mario Party, for example.

The Monkey Ball games are excellent. I recommend them all the time. You
can get Super Monkey Ball l 1&2 in a pack now for $30. I'm not that fond of
the multiplayer games in them--they got old fast--but I still play the main
game, by myself and with friends (you take turns).

In fact, I even have a site devoted to Monkey Ball (at least at the moment,
there's not much else there):

http://www.gameswelike.com/web/monkeyball.htm

And I can't forget to mention Super Smash Bros. Melee--my favorite game of
all time. It's an incredibly fun game, and my friends and I still play it
regularly after all this time.

In article <15318-42642C0C-612@storefull-3236.bay.webtv.net>,
jim488@webtv.net (Jim I) wrote:

> my family has enjoyed playing mario party 6 for about a week now. my son
> got some more money for his birthday, andand would like to purchase
> another multi-player game for under $30.

Super Smash Bros. Melee or Super Monkey Ball 2. Both are kid-friendly,
cheap, and lots and lots of fun for multiple players.

SSBM will keep him occupied for weeks unlocking all the characters and
trophies; it has lots of ways to play (slo-motion, giant characters,
coin battle...); the fights are cartoonish and colorful and varied
(thanks to the fifty or so different items you can find). SMB2 is a fun
game in its own right, but it has 12 mini-games (pool, golf, tennis,
etc.) that you can unlock and play together. Either one's a winner,
though I prefer SSBM.

----j7y

--
jere7my tho?rpe | "The land knows whom it sent out;
(440) 775-1522 | In the place of human beings