Question Game screen becomes too small if I switch to 720p on a laptop

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I do want to play RDR2 in 720p on my gaming laptop however game becomes too small, it is literally unreadable, and cannot do fullscreen 720p either since game automatically switches to windowed mode which is too small. Both text and everything, is there a way to force 720p in fullscreen fits my entire screen? I did tried alt enter that resulted in crash to desktop. I also increased to 175% screen zoom from windows settings, however that does not applied to the game it seems. So whats the deal here? Thank you in advance,

Solution
This is a bug in Blood Money RDR2.exe, it resets resolution scale, TAA, FXAA. These settings are completely broken - even if you manually set correct values in settings.xml and deny write permission to this file the game IGNORES correct settings from the file and uses incorrect defaults on startup.
since it was still a problem last year, I doubt its changed.
Rockstar make too much off GTA online to care about RDR2.

Colif

Win 11 Master
This is a bug in Blood Money RDR2.exe, it resets resolution scale, TAA, FXAA. These settings are completely broken - even if you manually set correct values in settings.xml and deny write permission to this file the game IGNORES correct settings from the file and uses incorrect defaults on startup.
since it was still a problem last year, I doubt its changed.
Rockstar make too much off GTA online to care about RDR2.

Reactions: danny009
Solution

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I will try to edit my system.XML then to fix this and then making it read only, thanks for letting me know about this, as I play on my laptop often instead of my desktop. Plus sorry for late reply, I completely forgot this thread existed, I even created a new one just now lol so sorry about that.

I will edit my xml file to fix this and will post the results here, just pray the PC gods ı don't forget things again.