Game server PC

AbbeLabben

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016
Hello! I have a really straight and simple question to everyone here on the forum.

So I have decided to buy myself a server-PC for game servers. I want it to be a quiet as possible so I can have it in a room beside my living room without hearing it. I want to run approximately 5 CS:GO servers and 2 Minecraft servers.

What should I think about when buying a server-PC and which one is the best for me?

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Can I strongly suggest you rent the servers instead of building a "game server".

Your home network connection will not be able to handle the amount of traffic your looking to get.

And keeping the noise levels shouldn't be a problem. Your biggest problem will be the heat generated once those people connect.

You can get by with one or two CSGO servers on a regular PC (as long as it has a good CPU, enough RAM and good drives), but anything above that and you'll start getting lag.

Unless you'll be placing that server in a server farm where it's properly scaled and has enough bandwidth, IMHO it's not worth it. Good luck.

AbbeLabben

Reputable
Aug 18, 2016

I have 300mb/s download and 350mb/s upload don't worry. I want to know which PC to get?

Also, renting servers is way too expensive.