game setup help

Ryan_216

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
hello guys, I need some help. this is a brake down of my pc mobo gigabyte z170-hd3p
16gb corsair ddr4 ram
i7 6700 non k
evga gtx 1070 ftw edition
and lots of fans.
I am also using a asus monitor ips full 1080p etc
why do I get such little fps on current games when everything is only running 1080p ?

Solution
Hey,

If the game is normally running fine, with spikes of low FPS, it could be a few things.
Firstly, although I don't think this will be the case. Run a game on your CPU with MSI Afterburner open, keep an eye on both on both your CPU and GPU temperatures.
Also run a anti-virus scan, just incase any malware is spiking your CPU usage.
Go into your computers power options, select High Performance, and change plan settings, change advanced settings, under processor power management make sure that the minimum processor state is 100.

Ryan_216

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
I was just playing battlefield 1 and I was going from 178 down to 25 and it would hag around 25-35 for a bit and then go to 178-180 fps and I was playing steep and it stayed at 25 fps. am I wrong to believe that my setup is only capable of this? thank you for answering quick

Benab3

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hey,

If the game is normally running fine, with spikes of low FPS, it could be a few things.
Firstly, although I don't think this will be the case. Run a game on your CPU with MSI Afterburner open, keep an eye on both on both your CPU and GPU temperatures.
Also run a anti-virus scan, just incase any malware is spiking your CPU usage.
Go into your computers power options, select High Performance, and change plan settings, change advanced settings, under processor power management make sure that the minimum processor state is 100.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS