Question Game stutter at high fps

karlovampovac2510

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
In games when my frames are over 100 its smooth but if my frames go under 100 at like 90 or 80 and less the games are stuttering a lot and is unplayable.
My pc: cpu i3 8100 3.6ghz
gpu gtx 1060 3gb
ram 1x8gb 2400hz
monitor 144hz

Here's video of how it looks in cod bo4.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwidj_Ths64

Black ops 4 is using 2.5gb of ram when playing.
I tried a lot of thing like new windows, update windows, reinstall all drivers, all setting at lowest, but nothing is helping, many people have told me it might be that cpu is bottlenecking my gpu, and that its cause i have single channel ram , i borrowed 2x4 gb of ram from friend and tried it on my pc and it helped a little with stuttering and gave me some more fps but stuttering was still there at 100 fps and under.

I also did a benchmark test. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19041770

Last edited:

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
I don't see it in the video. But sometimes this can be caused by the way a cpu functions under the onDemand governer. Essentually when the cpu isn't being hit very hard. It'll run at a lower speed. Then when you start hitting it really hard it'll go up to the max speed really fast. What you want to do is go into the bios and turn off speedstep and then if you can set the speed manually. Set it to the advertised speed for the processor so it will always run that fast.

karlovampovac2510

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see it in the video. But sometimes this can be caused by the way a cpu functions under the onDemand governer. Essentually when the cpu isn't being hit very hard. It'll run at a lower speed. Then when you start hitting it really hard it'll go up to the max speed really fast. What you want to do is go into the bios and turn off speedstep and then if you can set the speed manually. Set it to the advertised speed for the processor so it will always run that fast.
Turned of speedstep but i cant set the speed
Its same nothing changed in games