stephen-mc-goo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2019
I've haven't played anything on my PC in awhile but now since I've jumped on again and tried to play a few games, I've now got a stutter on any game I play? These aren't demanding games at all either (Risk of Rain 2) being one of them.
My FPS is sitting between 57 and 60 like it always did and it use to run perfectly, not a problem at all. Now it keeps stuttering, I've updated Windows, updated my GPU drivers, tried uninstalling my GPU and restarting my PC but its still stuttering. Has anyone got any ideas? Am not very good at troubleshooting so could use a hand :L Thanks.

stephen-mc-goo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2019
I've haven't played anything on my PC in awhile but now since I've jumped on again and tried to play a few games, I've now got a stutter on any game I play? These aren't demanding games at all either (Risk of Rain 2) being one of them.
My FPS is sitting between 57 and 60 like it always did and it use to run perfectly, not a problem at all. Now it keeps stuttering, I've updated Windows, updated my GPU drivers, tried uninstalling my GPU and restarting my PC but its still stuttering. Has anyone got any ideas? Am not very good at troubleshooting so could use a hand :L Thanks.

Hey am asking again cause this is a real issue, I don't have anyone else to ask, am very lost here. Has anyone got any clue why this might be suddenly happening? Could it be faulty hardware? If so how would I tell?

haidang93nd

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
Hey am asking again cause this is a real issue, I don't have anyone else to ask, am very lost here. Has anyone got any clue why this might be suddenly happening? Could it be faulty hardware? If so how would I tell?
my personal experience is something related to v-sync / g-sync. try to check that setting in both VGA driver software and in game setting. In other forums, some says to disable it, but for my case, i need to enable it and the problem goes away

stephen-mc-goo

Reputable
Jan 11, 2019
my personal experience is something related to v-sync / g-sync. try to check that setting in both VGA driver software and in game setting. In other forums, some says to disable it, but for my case, i need to enable it and the problem goes away

Aww that nearly worked! AMD Freesync was Enabled in Adrenaline software so I disabled it and jumped into a game(Risk of Rain 2) and it was smooth as butter. Then I tried a different game and the stutter was back. Then when I went back to Risk of Rain it was stuttering again. So it did fix it for a few minutes. Since then I've been trying all different variations(trying games with things turned off and on) between Display Freesync and Vertical Refresh on my RX580, all within the Adrenaline software but nothing has worked since.