Question Game Stuttering on new hardware

Nov 2, 2021
Hello there,

I recently made some upgrades to my system. Going from a R5 1600, RX570. To a R5 5600X RX 6600 XT. I get stuttering and freezing in almost all of my games and even in benchmark tests. My actual performance seems to be just fine as far as I can tell, can go into specifics if need be.

Example Video: View: https://imgur.com/N2X9Fto

This is what I have tried;

1. Making sure V-Sync is turned off in any game
2. Capping my fps to my monitors refresh rate
3. Turning off Windows game mode
4. Turning off Xbox game bar
5. Reinstalling GPU drivers

I have tried a lot of other "Fixes" for this stutter but these are the main ones to point out.
Also I do not think it is a CPU nor GPU temperature issue as my pc sits around 60-75c under game load for both.

I really have no idea at all what else I could do. I have struggled with micro and downright unplayable stutter for years and have tried what seems like every conceivable "Fix" for it as well. It is very disappointing having such a good hardware upgrade be plagued with the same annoying stutter that I have been dealing with for so long. If anyone has any suggestions or insight into the matter I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, EvilSagat

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | No OC | Stock cooler
GPU: RX 6600 XT | No OC
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 | Dual channel
PSU: EVGA 700 BR
MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk
CASE: NZXT H500 | Stock fans

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021
I did update my bios and chipset drivers right before the install of the CPU and GPU, Which was two weeks ago. I actually wouldn't have been able to use this generation of CPU without the latest versions. I am assuming that a2-b2 is the second then fourth DIM slots from the left. In that case my RAM is installed in the correct position for my Motherboard as my pc just will not boot in any other configuration with dual channel.

I have not done a fresh install of windows. Nor have I reset my BIOS.

I will try enabling XMP in my BIOS.

Nov 2, 2021
I don't know if that did much, I had some time to test some games and the stutter is still there. Albeit not very often but it definitely still happens every couple minutes or so.