Question Game stuttering without any FPS drop

Oct 29, 2020
I am a fortnite competetive player. When i got a new PC and installed new drivers. My fortnite ran silky smooth! After a day or two my game starts stuttering during building and fighting and randomly too. I checked the fps counter and its locked at 144hz. When i turn on vsync the game run silky smooth again but introduces input delay which makes it impossible to outplay. I have decent specs.
I5 8600k at stock
Gigabyte H310
Psu T Dagger 600W
ASUS 1660 super OC edition

What component is causing the problem? Do i need to upgrade something?

Do you get any BSOD (bluescreen) or does the computer restart itself midgame sometimes? Have you checked temperatures during load (gpu and cpu)?

I suggest disabling v-sync in nvidia control panel under 3d settings => global settings, also use maximum performance under power management mode and "maximum refresh rate", also disable v-sync and nvidia low latency mode in there. Remember to apply. In fortnite you can cap your fps at 160 and disable v-sync, enable reflex latency mode (on + boost). Test your gameplay on both DX11 and DX12, you need to restart in between testing different directx.

You can also try to uninstall your gpu drivers with DDU, then install newest drivers from nvidia site. You can find tutorials on youtube just search with "DDU nvidia drivers"

This will also clean your nvidia control panel settings if you do "clean install", so you need to do them again,.

Oct 29, 2020
No BSODs totally! Have tried DDU. Dont know whats wrong? The problem is vsync is fixing up my problem but i cant play competetive with input lag! I want 144 fps game play without stuttering without turn vsync

TRENDING THREADS