Question Game stutters and freezing

Feb 28, 2019
Hello, I built my computer back in December of 2018 and everything has been great until now. Recently I have been experiencing sudden stutters and short freezes in Rainbow Six Siege (a game I play everyday). The problem im having seems to happen frequently when I get into a game (after the game is loaded and I enter a match) and it seems that my GPU's clock speed is cutting in half or sometimes more. My base clock is around 1569 mhz and when Im idle it reaches as low as 169 mhz and in game when it drops it gets around 700-900 mhz.I know enough about computers enough to get by most times but im still pretty new and have some stuff to learn. I installed a new graphics driver from nvidia today and im not sure if it was the issue. I since went back to the previous driver when i didnt have the issue, however, i am still getting the stutters. Im not sure what the issue is and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Avg temps in game
CPU 35-45 degrees Celsius
GPU 50-75 degrees Celsius

Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (no oc)
CPU cooling: NZXT Kraken x62
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6 gb
RAM: 8gb corsair vengence 2200mhz
PSU: 500w gold cert. by corsair (dont remember the model)

I'm having the same problem with The Division. I have my issue posted on the geforce forums, but no answer yet. I've only just started to address the problem because initially it was only occasional stuttering, but the other day it was so extreme that FPS was down to zero with 10 seconds or more between screen updates. Both my CPU and GPU usage plummets with no apparent cause that I can see at the moment. My temps, voltages, available RAM/VRAM, etc all seem normal. Is Rainbow Six an online game? Could it be Ubisoft's servers not responding? I have not played any other games lately, but I might have to see if it is just the Division giving me this problem or if it happens with others. Last night I updated from 419.35 to the latest driver, but I still saw some stuttering. It doesn't happen right away for me. It seems to creep up on me after at least a few hours in game.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...0-series/2080-ti-extreme-fps-drop-0-to-2-fps/