Game stutters EXACTLY every minute on a timer

Confer

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017
While i'm playing "Rocket League" my game stutters every single minute exactly. I'm positive it isn't the game because it happens occasionally in csgo.

Whenever I enable pagefile the stuttering gets way worse.

I have ran MalwareBytes and no threats.
Reinstalled windows 10
Disabled Xbox overlay and all junk.

Please try and help me i have been trying to solve this for months. I have finally narrowed it down.

Ryzen 1600
GTX 1060 [Latest Drivers]
1x8GB 2133 [Ran memtest 2 hours no errors]
AB350M-HDV [Updated]
500W EVGA
1TB HDD + 250GB SSD [OS and GAME on SSD] [Both 2 months old and no errors]
Windows 10 64bit

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
cache overflow issue ... when you run out of RAM, it cats placed in pagefile (swapped) and hdds are much slower than RAM = stutter.
if you run out of Vram, the overflow is placed in RAM, and if the RAM is full, it then gets placed in pagefile (swapped) = stutter.

if you have no pagefile, windows tries to force everything to run within your Vram + RAM, but will end up failing if full = stutter (as it kills dead data)

your 1060 is 3GB? solution: reduce visual quality, turn off shadows etc.
perhaps 8GB isnt enough for rocketleague (because youre using windows 10) - solution matched pair of RAM 2 x 8GB.

Just to be sure, theres no temerature issues? hwmonitor to ensure its not a thermal throttle turning on to reduce the temps.

Confer

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

I use 34% of RAM while playing, and VRAM stays under 1GB it does it exactly every minute. My temps are 50c for cpu and 60c for gpu at load. I can't use pagefile because it makes the stuttering alot worse. I don't even use 40% of my ram i don't understand why its trying to use page file.

Confer

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

I tried reinstalling windows and it did it on default settings really badly. I had to disable a lot of things in windows to get it to how it is now. And i disabled services, and basically everything in settings.

Just some things to double check:

When installing the graphics driver, install ONLY the driver, Phys-x, and the HDMI sound option (if needed). Do not install the 3D stuff or GeForce Experience. After install kill and disable the NVidia telemetry.

Using a 3rd party tool may be helpful. Try W10Privacy. Lots of options NOT included in windows scattered options menus. Saves from having to use Group policy Editor and the registry editor so much.

https://www.winprivacy.de/english-home/

Disable Microsoft Compatability telemetry.

Disable Search Indexing service.

Disable Prefetch and SuperFetch.

Disable OneDrive and any account syncing.

Make sure services disabled: (if you don't need)
Connected User Exoeriences
Delivery Optimization
dmwappushsvc
DNS Client
Microsoft (R) Diagnostics Hub Standard Collector Service
NetTCP Port Sharing
Nvidia Telemetry Container
Program Compatability Assistant Service
Remote Registry
Routing and Remote Access
User Experience Virtualization Service
Windows Search

running in single channel mode (1x DIMM) will cause some performance issues as well

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
i would also like to point out, and i dont mean any disrespect, rocket league is a single core processor game, it loves GHz, not core count ....though your 1600 isnt a bad processor, it is basically a paired processor ... 2 cores working on 1 instruction. so it could be youre not feeding it enough data and it runs out like clockwork every minute? i note you only use a single stick of RAM, not a matched pair.

Confer

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

I had majority of them already disabled but there were a few I didn't. I will try later and see if it's any different. Yeah I was thinking it has to be RAM related.

Confer

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

I tried in the past to oc to 3.7ghz but it did the same thing. Can single channel ram really be causing this issue i have a feeling this is ram related

Confer

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

I definitely see an improvement, but it's still there. Thanks for the suggestions. Do you think there's anything else that I can try? or what you think the problem is?

My understanding is Ryzen works best with more memory bandwidth, and only having one DIMM cuts your bandwidth essentially in half in a single DIMM solution in a dual channel motherboard. This could be contributing to your problem as well.

There is a known problem with stuttering in the latest windows 10, supposedly fixes are being tested in the fast ring. I don't encounter stuttering, but I have ALOT turned off/disabled (mostly telemetry related)

Have to look at what other hardware you have installed(drivers) and ferret out what telemetry THOSE items have, and kill those processes/services unless critical. If any sound tweaking software , see if you can do without it and just run the bare audio driver. If you have overclocking software installed for your graphics card uninstall it.

Microsoft's Sysinternal tools Autoruns and Process Explorer can be helpful for that.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-utilities

Look at your task scheduler. One of your driver packages may have dropped a ridiculously frequent task in there.

If you have the "live update and app shop" try getting rid of that.

Make sure you have the updated all in one driver for AMD.

Have to look at any additional software you might have installed (antivirus, system security, etc)

Also, have you tweaked your power plan for performance and for 100% CPU minimum/maximum to avoid issues with power stepping?

Confer

Prominent
Jun 4, 2017

I have tweaked high performance power plan to the max. I checked task scheduler and everything seems normal. I think this is just a problem with me running in single channel. I reset my windows again yesterday and I had stuttering. So I only disabled page file and the telemetry services, and it was back exactly how it was when I had everything stripped. I think Rocket League has something on a timer every single minute that is causing my RAM to stutter for a millisecond because its in single channel. Thanks for your help though I really appreciate it I just don't think there is anything within windows I can do I just have to upgrade my ram whenever I get money (who knows when) and then I will update this thread again.