Game stutters only when using 850 evo

Navid_

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
After I got a new 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd I noticed all my games no matter the frame rate would stutter a bit every couple of minutes. According to magician everything's fine so idk what to do. It doesn't do it when I play games on my 1 tb wd black.

Solution
Hey there, @Navid_!

Using the SSD brand-specific utility, make sure you have the latest firmware update for the model. Another thing that might be causing the stutters is a faulty connection to the drive. My recommendation is to try swapping the SATA cable connecting it to the motherboard and also attempt to see how it will perform if you plug it in another SATA III port on the mobo. I'd also suggest you check the SATA mode for the port where the SSD is connected in the BIOS.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, @Navid_!

Using the SSD brand-specific utility, make sure you have the latest firmware update for the model. Another thing that might be causing the stutters is a faulty connection to the drive. My recommendation is to try swapping the SATA cable connecting it to the motherboard and also attempt to see how it will perform if you plug it in another SATA III port on the mobo. I'd also suggest you check the SATA mode for the port where the SSD is connected in the BIOS.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS