Game won't open on steam

Vitto17

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I need your help guys!!! My Call of Duty Black Ops 3 won't launch on steam. Whenever I click play, nothing happens then when I click play again, a window will appear saying that "app is already running". I opened the Task Manager to see if it's there and it's there only it is background processes. I closed the application via Task Manager and tried once more to open the game and it didn't do it, it still runs in the background processes. Please help, I want to play my game soon.

Solution
You don't need to use an app when moving games to another place. Simply cut and paste the files to another folder somewhere else then tell Steam to delete them from your library but as you moved them Steam just removes the active link in the client as there is nothing to delete due to the files not being there.

Then just tell it to install one of the games you just told Steam to delete and then direct the install to the files folder location and it will discover it and activated the link in your library.

Vitto17

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

Yes I have Kaspersky Internet Security. Disabled the AV, opened steam and then launch BO3 but it still didn't do the trick. I also have tons of other games and this is the only one that doesn't work,

Vitto17

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I should also add. Is it maybe because I moved the game to another drive. I used the app Steam Mover using this website (http://lifehacker.com/how-to-move-a-pc-game-to-another-hard-drive-without-re-1714706774) as my guide. Although the game works even after I moved it then after a couple of days or about a week, this happened. I also moved Dota 2 to the other drive as well and it works perfectly fine.

You don't need to use an app when moving games to another place. Simply cut and paste the files to another folder somewhere else then tell Steam to delete them from your library but as you moved them Steam just removes the active link in the client as there is nothing to delete due to the files not being there.

Then just tell it to install one of the games you just told Steam to delete and then direct the install to the files folder location and it will discover it and activated the link in your library.

Solution