Gameboy Advance SP Broken Screens

I recently bought several non-working GBA SP systems, hoping I could use
parts from some to fix others, and resell them (from my electronics shop).
Unfortunately, all the units have the exact same problem - defective LCD!
Looking around the web, it appears that this is about the only thing that
ever fails on these units (with a little help from gravity, I assume!). I
found one place selling replacement LCD's for $40, but that's just too
pricey for something I want to resell. Does anyone know of a cheaper source?

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:22:53 GMT, "Chris F."
<zappymanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I recently bought several non-working GBA SP systems, hoping I could use
>parts from some to fix others, and resell them (from my electronics shop).
>Unfortunately, all the units have the exact same problem - defective LCD!
>Looking around the web, it appears that this is about the only thing that
>ever fails on these units (with a little help from gravity, I assume!). I
>found one place selling replacement LCD's for $40, but that's just too
>pricey for something I want to resell. Does anyone know of a cheaper source?

I looked myself and couldnt find anything cheaper... good luck

In article <jnp1g1d06qcbulbntk8kri61k2rtf71hn2@4ax.com>,
kevin <kevnospam242@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:22:53 GMT, "Chris F."
><zappymanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I recently bought several non-working GBA SP systems, hoping I could use
>>parts from some to fix others, and resell them (from my electronics shop).
>>Unfortunately, all the units have the exact same problem - defective LCD!
>>Looking around the web, it appears that this is about the only thing that
>>ever fails on these units (with a little help from gravity, I assume!). I
>>found one place selling replacement LCD's for $40, but that's just too
>>pricey for something I want to resell. Does anyone know of a cheaper source?
>
>I looked myself and couldnt find anything cheaper... good luck

Don't use me as an authoritative source or anything, but I'm led to
believe that the GBA SP screen is the same screen used in the Mattel
JuiceBox media hardware, as well as the VideoNow player. It's manufactured
either by Sharp or by Samsung, depending on who you believe on the inside.
But seeing as how both of those products (the JuiceBox and the Video Now
player) are hitting clearance aisles at most of the major retailers, it
might be worth picking one up to see if the part can be switched around.

I don't have two of them side-by-side to compare, and I'm not about to
crack open my SP just to check. But it might be worth $20 to verify, and
certainly worth $20 a piece for the screen if it is the same part. Good
luck with that.

-KKC, carefully inserting disclaimers everywhere he goes. Tra la, tra la,
like the Easter Bunny except with baskets full of responsibility waivers.
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep my eyes open and try to pick up a few
of those.