Question GameInput Redistributable Causing computer to completely freeze until I restart

Gouldlinger

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
Every so often my computer will freeze completely, regardless of what I am doing. At first, I kept checking the reliability monitor and thinking it was something to do with IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe stop working.

But it turns out the crashes are coming from something called GameInput Redistributable. Now I work through the history of freezes and it seems this is present every single time I have had to shut down.

All I have to go off is the following error message:
Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: GameInput Redistributable. Product Version: 10.1.19041.3378. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation. Reconfiguration success or error status: 0.

Sadly this doesn't do a lot to help me.

I was wondering if anyone here could shine some light on this on what I could do to fix it and stop these freezes from happening.

Gouldlinger

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
After searching a lot of forums and backtracking my reliability manager on windows 10, I have come to the conclusion that this is a windows 10 update problem that has become pretty common.

The solution offered is to update my bios, so I am following that up now. But that has come with its own set of problems which has been continued in this thread here on the motherboard section of the forum.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...bios-on-ga-h170-hd3-ddr3-via-q-flash.3628661/