[SOLVED] Gamemax 600W 80 plus bronze for my build with 5700 xt HELP!

Patricio_1

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
Hi guys.

I recently bought all components for my PC.
Now i have some doubts about the PSU, Im not on a position to buy another one so my question is: It will be dangerous for my components to use this PSU on my build?

CPU: i5 9600KF
GPU: RX 5700XT TAICHI EDITION (NOTE THIS)
WATER: COOLERMASTER NEPTON 120XL
RAM: 2x8 2666mhz
Mother: Gigabyte Asus Strix B365F
Hdd: 1tb western blue
PSU: GAMEMAX 600W 80 PKUS BRONZE

Solution
You want a good quality 650w unit for a 5700xt, not a <500w(that turd only has 480w on the 12v rail). Basically you have a low quality 500w turd that they dressed up with RGB.
Using that PSU on the specs you listed is not likely to end well.
Hi guys.

I recently bought all components for my PC.
Now i have some doubts about the PSU, Im not on a position to buy another one so my question is: It will be dangerous for my components to use this PSU on my build?

CPU: i5 9600KF
GPU: RX 5700XT TAICHI EDITION (NOTE THIS)
WATER: COOLERMASTER NEPTON 120XL
RAM: 2x8 2666mhz
Mother: Gigabyte Asus Strix B365F
Hdd: 1tb western blue
PSU: GAMEMAX 600W 80 PKUS BRONZE
With heavy gaming your GPU can use more than 250 watts. I'm going to assume you have the GM600 model PSU. Yeah it's not a very good model. A modern computer uses mostly the +12volt rail. A good quality PSU can deliver almost all of its capacity there. Yours, listed as 600W, only delivers 480W if it's even working correctly, so the label is somewhat misleading. You should be using a better PSU with your specs from a well known and trusted brand such as Corsair or Seasonic. A good 650 watt model that can actually deliver 650 watts on the +12volt rail, which is about 54 amps, would be my recommendation.

Reactions: King_V

Patricio_1

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
With heavy gaming your GPU can use more than 250 watts. I'm going to assume you have the GM600 model PSU. Yeah it's not a very good model. A modern computer uses mostly the +12volt rail. A good quality PSU can deliver almost all of its capacity there. Yours, listed as 600W, only delivers 480W if it's even working correctly, so the label is somewhat misleading. You should be using a better PSU with your specs from a well known and trusted brand such as Corsair or Seasonic. A good 650 watt model that can actually deliver 650 watts on the +12volt rail, which is about 54 amps, would be my recommendation.

Can be dangerous to use this for some time?

Can be dangerous to use this for some time?
It's hard to tell. There's not much information about that PSU. There's no tear-down and analysis of the components they used to make it and no testing information to evaluate its performance done by a reputable source. Their webpage doesn't even list any warranty information about that model that I could find. If you have the option of returning it and getting something better you should consider it.
http://www.gamemax.uk/index.php/products/psus/gm600-600w-80-plus-bronze-modular-power-supply/

Patricio_1

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
It's hard to tell. There's not much information about that PSU. There's no tear-down and analysis of the components they used to make it and no testing information to evaluate its performance done by a reputable source. Their webpage doesn't even list any warranty information about that model that I could find. If you have the option of returning it and getting something better you should consider it.
http://www.gamemax.uk/index.php/products/psus/gm600-600w-80-plus-bronze-modular-power-supply/

This model is the one I bought.

https://www.gamemaxpc.com/product/showproduct.php?id=683

bignastyid

Titan
You want a good quality 650w unit for a 5700xt, not a <500w(that turd only has 480w on the 12v rail). Basically you have a low quality 500w turd that they dressed up with RGB.
Using that PSU on the specs you listed is not likely to end well.

Solution