[SOLVED] Gamemax case and fan help

Dec 8, 2021
Hi all.
I have been asked by a friend to build his son a new PC for Xmas, not having build a PC for while I have a quick question.
The Kamikaze Pro Case has a split cable with VDG on it that comes from the fan controller thingy....
I'm not too sure where this cable goes on the Mobo? It’s a MSI B550M Bazooka
As I said it is a split type cable to it goes to a 3 pin (4 holes but only 3 pins in it) and from that there is the connector that says VDG on it??

The only socket i can see on the Mobo that this cable would fit is labelled as JRAINBOW? Do I plug it in that and no need to worry about the VDG?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The VDG cable was meant for motherboard's with a Digital RGB header, which at the time was only found on Gigabyte boards...a few years ago. Since then everyone has managed to keep things sane by opting for RGB/ARGB headers, respectively.

As for your predicament and the motherboard you should plug into the JRAINBOW header but take note of the arrow(polarity) of the connector. No, you don't need to connect the VDG to anything on the motherboard, best ziptie it and keep it out of sight.

Lutfij

Titan

The VDG cable was meant for motherboard's with a Digital RGB header, which at the time was only found on Gigabyte boards...a few years ago. Since then everyone has managed to keep things sane by opting for RGB/ARGB headers, respectively.

As for your predicament and the motherboard you should plug into the JRAINBOW header but take note of the arrow(polarity) of the connector. No, you don't need to connect the VDG to anything on the motherboard, best ziptie it and keep it out of sight.

Solution
Dec 8, 2021
Hi all.
I have been asked by a friend to build his son a new PC for Xmas, not having build a PC for while I have a quick question.
The Kamikaze Pro Case has a split cable with VDG on it that comes from the fan controller thingy....
I'm not too sure where this cable goes on the Mobo? It’s a MSI B550M Bazooka
As I said it is a split type cable to it goes to a 3 pin (4 holes but only 3 pins in it) and from that there is the connector that says VDG on it??

The only socket i can see on the Mobo that this cable would fit is labelled as JRAINBOW? Do I plug it in that and no need to worry about the VDG?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

That’s a massive help, thank you!
Really appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS