Question gamepad VS gaming keyboard

ethan hunt

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2013
One thing always bug me is,
Why are gaming keyboards/mouse are so popular when there are game-pads available (like remote controller of PS4). Wanna upgrade my PC, so just wanna know that is the gamepad a better option then expensive keyboards! Thanks!

Gamepads aka Controllers offer less precision and button mapping that includes macros than a keyboard and mouse

You also don't have to spend crazy money on a "gaming" keyboard. You can buy decent keyboard and mouse sets (although not mechanical keyboards) from Coolermaster for about 30 bucks. And Chinese companies like Red Dragon offer pretty good mechanical keyboards in the 35-50 dollar range.

D

Deleted member 217926

It really depends on the game. FPS type games tend to be better with a keyboard and mouse while driving games tend to be better with controllers.

destroyer2039

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
I agree with anort3. I personally have a high-end keyboard and mouse (Asus ROG Claymore and Asus ROG Spatha), but I also use an Xbox One Elite Controller and a Thrustmaster Joystick from time to time. Different games do work better with different inputs. If you want to name specific games, I would be glad to offer my opinion on which input method is better.