Question Gameplay recording and display resolution ?

Dec 13, 2018
Graphic card: MSI GeForce gtx 1650 super 4 gb
RAM: 16gb 3200mhz
Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x

My monitor resolution is 1366×786. Even if i set the recording resolution to 1080p using GeForce experience settings, whenever i record my gameplay using GeForce experience and post it on YouTube its only 720p @ 60hz. Is it possible to record the screen at 1080p?
If i buy a FHD monitor would there be any gameplay performance issue? I tried to say if the screen resolution increases, the gameplay would be smooth as 1366×786?

Last edited:
Graphic card: MSI GeForce gtx 1650 super 4 gb
RAM: 16gb 3200mhz
Cpu: Ryzen 7 2700x

My monitor resolution is 1366×786. Even if i set the recording resolution to 1080p using GeForce experience settings, whenever i record my gameplay using GeForce experience and post it on YouTube its only 720p @ 60hz. Is it possible to record the screen at 1080p?
If i buy a FHD monitor would there be any gameplay performance issue? I tried to say if the screen resolution increases, the gameplay would be smooth as 1366×786?
As was mentioned, any capture tool you use will be limited to the res of the display for the captured clip. As was also mentioned, DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution), is Nvidia's way of simulating a higher res, but it will also be just as big a performance hit as actually playing at that res.

With your spec, you're probably going to have to limit what games you play at 1080p or 1440p DSR. You can enable DSR in the Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D settings>DSR Factors. Just check all the boxes under DSR Factors, and apply. Playing in DSR at simulated higher resolutions is an excellent way to see just what games can handle what resolutions on your spec.

You should also take careful note of the system requirements listed by the developers of each game. If you have any doubts about how the hardware in the requirements compare to yours, UserBenchmark.com is an excellent site to see how they compare. Just type "your hardware" vs "required hardware" in a Google search, and the first link should be one for userbenchmark.com.

Reactions: tridibeshdashingggg