Gamer Grub: Performance Snack Food?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrobackroomSlackers

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
I can see it now- massive panic from Paranoid Schizophrenics everywhere over "Strategy Chocolate"---Rising suspicious about the strategic evil nesting securely in the womb of mother plotter Godiva and her sinister lover, Hershey.

I think "gamer grub" really does lump us all together doesn't it? There is no one-size container fits all gaming--let alone that somehow flavors can be attributed to a genre. The idea that it has to have nutrients sprayed on it doesn't instill hopes in the virtues of the snack. Also, it seems to imply that gamers everywhere don't know how to seek out a healthy snack.

I propose we create "Business Bites"- snack foods engineered with corporate shills in mind. With exciting flavors like "Marketing Lemon", "Accounting Pickle", and "Human Resources Fudge". Eat snack is sprayed with the the essentials ruthless tycoons are lacking such as environmentalism, compassion, and freedom from materialism (such nutrients would naturally be derived of ground hippies and girl scouts).

G

Wtf
Why do people that play games get separate food from other people, I DONT WANT YOUR GAY-MER GRUB, I WANT TO EAT TOAST!!!!
Less expensive, better for you and i have loads of it :)
Who cares about greasy fingers, just get a towel of some napkins or actualy CLEAN your keyboard after its not that hard to do

Mr Mullin i would recommend that you should just stick with making your toys

Live long and prosper jackass

G

I find it insulting that these people think gamers need a special food. It's like bachelor chow for gamers, as if I were unable to find a napkin to wipe my hands after eating messy food, or as if I was too stupid not to get crumbs in my keyboard. It takes a whole two minutes to eat a sammitch (less if you eat fast) made from stuff in the fridge, and they want us to pay them a ton of cash for a specialty snack that will help us with our own general inability to consume food? Oh but it's nutritious? So are multivitamins, and they come in a convenient, easy to swallow once-per-day PILL format, for those gamers who are terminally allergic to sunlight and plants.

G

dude, this isn't such a bad idea. i would love a snack i could eat while sitting in front of my computer without getting my hands all greasy. i lost a mouse one time because of a greasy snack. and most gamers won't want to take the time to get up and get something to eat. you guys are just haters because it sounds stupid, but in reality this could be a great thing

G

I think I'll just stick with the feed-bag I keep strapped to my maw. Means I don't actually have to move at all, I just tilt my head back slightly to keep my body from starving whilst plugged into the cyberTron.

anonymousan

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
[citation][nom]anonymous101[/nom]i lost a mouse one time because of a greasy snack.[/citation]

Just wipe it off with a napkin or a shirt sleeve or something. Unless you were stupid and just left it there.

G

i agree with Tycho's comment that they're essentially carpetbagging toward gamers, what with the stupid-ass names, the promotional hype that says it'll make you healthier so you can play better, etc. but, truth be told, i'm still going to try some of this shit out of sheer curiosity, like a lot of us probably will, hahaha...if it tastes good and isn't high-priced, i'll probably buy it every now and then. if not, well, there's a reason Pizza Hut delivers, you know what i mean?

and El Skeletor working for the company? surely you jest =P

Status
Not open for further replies.