Gamer Grub: Performance Snack Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

wow....

you want a performance boost drink red bull...

you want to be normal... and not have any weird side affects... don't do anything...

this is so dumb... the funny part is people will buy it... and then when the first game they play they get 2 more kills... they'll be like... omfg... this stuff really works

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
LOL @ thogrom's comment

very funny! i couldn't agree more with you. apparently people never heard of eating healthy such as fruits/vegetables/grains and things like that. if you ate all those things, you wouldn't need to buy this stuff, if you actually do.

i guess it's better than potato chips and your 2 liter of pepsi you're drinking when you're gaming but it's not really something major.

It just shows how dumb people are. If you want to be "good" in games you need to exercise and eat well. Your mental health has to be in good shape meaning No smoking green tabacco while playing on lanparties is not good. And yes I done that and I actually suck more, when it comes to any kinds of drinks it distracts me and makes me want to go pee pee instead of aiming. Food? Makes your fingers messy and keyboard sticky so no I don't eat while I'm playing.

nita222

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Personally, I don't know many gamers who would opt for a bag of carrots and celery, or better yet an orange to snack on while gaming. To me, this sounds a lot healthier than most foods that gamers eat...

noobe1981

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Lmao this isn't dumb. Its freaking smart well if it tastes good, and a reasonable price anyways lol. Its really simple. Thats why it would work. Ya eat an orange while playing a game hahahaha. Don't get me wrong personally I love fruit but their not really practicle to eat while playing a game. Although some vegies are *celery, carrots, and yes I like both of them to*. This is just another healthy alternative to eating potatoe chips..etc What so stupid about that lol.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Sounds fine by me, i tend to stick to Monster energy drinks, chips, pizza, carl's jr., maybe some 7 eleven hot dogs with everything on it. But this idea sounds pretty cool, if its priced at a good price like cheaper then a monster can i might consider it a option or i just might buy both hahaha. I agree with noobe1981, its a smart move. No one has yet to call something Gamer Grub, it will definitely sell. BUt saying that it must TASTE good, if not then it won't sell. If it tastes like monster hell i'd buy it hahaha.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Well... will I buy it? No.
Will it sell? Probably.
I think it might be a smart idea because it will make someone a good a mount of cash, but not because it's something the world really needs.
Like cocoa puffs, it sells,but do we really need to feed kids something that makes them any more hyperactive than they already are?

G

who games and eats foods... people who game and eat food... = stereotypical "fat" nerd

I mean really... who eats while watching games... a day shouldn't consist of 7 meals... it should consist of 3 major meals and MAYBE 2 snakcs... tops... anything more and your WAY over your 2500 cal limit... some people who are active won't have any issues... but chances are your not as active as you should be and won't be able to burn those cals

anonymousan

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
I looked at their website. And their whole "(AKA Cell spam)" and calling our brains "Wetware CPUs" Gives me the feeling that this company has no idea what their target audience is like.

G

thogrom you are a moron. I always grab some snacks when I know I am going to be gaming for a couple of hours... Specifically if I am going to be LANing with some friends. But I am also not a stereotypical "fat nerd". I work out at least 4 times a weak and enjoy hiking and biking on the weekends. So while there are probably many overweight individuals who should spend less time eating and gaming in general, making a blanket statement that all people who eat food while gaming are "fat nerds" makes you appear as an ignorant fool.

G

The point of the food isn't to be "healthy", it's to be a snack that you can eat without dirtying your hands. It pours from a spout into your mouth. The nutrients in there are the same as any other "healthy" snack.

kwo

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
Remind me, what's the name of this site? Tom's something-or-other?

Memo to new owners: kill the puff pieces and get back to publishing real hardware reviews.

ninjahedge

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Pshaw!

I can use that word, right? No-one has copyrighted it yet? :p

Performance food? It is a crock. Yuo get hungry, get your arse up and get something to eat! As for bringing snacks, sometimes just a plate of cheese and crackers is enough. Cheese-its? Fine. So long as you do what others have said (eat right) you do not need suppliments WHIEL GAMING to improve your performance.

Hell, I find a good beer works well.

Its the 3rd-5th that kill ya! ;)

FriarForestFire

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
It's snack mix that has been sprayed with vitamin water. You can do the same thing by buying some snack mix, dumping it into a cup, and throwing some daily vitamins into the mix. Look! I just made my own Gamer Grub!

G

Epic Phail for Gamer Grub. The Developers are definite n00bs.
For more information why we hate you: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/3/

iEl Skeletor

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
When I first tried their Action Pizza it was an a outstanding product for all gamers out there. You literally have pizza in the palm of your hand. It's a great idea that should be taken into consideration. Also, with just the flip of the lid gamers don't have to get their hands greasy or wipe their hands to get the grease off.

G

What does the food LOOK like? For a site that shows copious pictures in most articles, just showing the outside of the "delivery system" (er, PACKAGE) falls short. I think it's also telling that the company site doesn't show the food either. Heck a lot of the words used to describe the package is just vapid marketing. I think of this as another step in the direction of Idiocracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.