Question Gamer PC windows 10 boot loop even with USB image

Mar 31, 2021
Hi everyone, this is my first post, so I hope to make a good one :), thanks in advance for your help!

A week ago I upagraded my PC with a new Motherboard, CPU and Ram. The first time I power it on windows wont boot, stucked in an endless rebooting loop, sometimes the repairing tool of windows wanted to boot, some other time windows desktop appeared but went straight to blackscreen and tried to boot again. I installed windows 10 from 0 and for a few days the PC worked perfectly (playing Valorant). Then in the middle of a Valorant game the black screen and rebooting comes again with the hole cycle. I reinstalled once more windows and did a few checks on memory (windows tool), hard drives, SSD status and CPU temperatures but found nothing, it worked fine for a few more hours and then the cycle started again. Now I tried to use a USB ISO Image to reinstall windows 10 again but in the middle of installing reboots...

The hardware upgraded is the following:

• Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
  • RAM: 2x8GB=16GB TeamGroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (used a deepcool z5 thermal grease)(Stock Cooler)
The rest of the PC hardware that was already working without issues:
  • Power Supply Gigabyte P650B
  • EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Super
  • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (where windows tries to load)
  • WDC WD10EZEX 1TB data hard drive
  • WDC WD 5000AAKS 500GB data hard drive
-1 standard chassis fan

Any ideas are welcome, if I find the way to boot windows, maybe a good idea to check latest drivers?

Colif

Win 11 Master
when you install, only have 1 drive attached, stops windows putting parts of itself on other drives
drives would cause a reboot

What stage of the install? before or after the first restart?
before its running off ram, after its running off the ssd.

I would look at PSU as possible cause as it might not have the power to run PC with Valorant.
other option is its the GPU.

what were the CPU/MB & Ram you had before?

Hi everyone, this is my first post, so I hope to make a good one :), thanks in advance for your help!

A week ago I upagraded my PC with a new Motherboard, CPU and Ram. The first time I power it on windows wont boot, stucked in an endless rebooting loop, sometimes the repairing tool of windows wanted to boot, some other time windows desktop appeared but went straight to blackscreen and tried to boot again. I installed windows 10 from 0 and for a few days the PC worked perfectly (playing Valorant). Then in the middle of a Valorant game the black screen and rebooting comes again with the hole cycle. I reinstalled once more windows and did a few checks on memory (windows tool), hard drives, SSD status and CPU temperatures but found nothing, it worked fine for a few more hours and then the cycle started again. Now I tried to use a USB ISO Image to reinstall windows 10 again but in the middle of installing reboots...

The hardware upgraded is the following:

• Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
  • RAM: 2x8GB=16GB TeamGroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (used a deepcool z5 thermal grease)(Stock Cooler)
The rest of the PC hardware that was already working without issues:
  • Power Supply Gigabyte P650B
  • EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Super
  • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB (where windows tries to load)
  • WDC WD10EZEX 1TB data hard drive
  • WDC WD 5000AAKS 500GB data hard drive
-1 standard chassis fan

Any ideas are welcome, if I find the way to boot windows, maybe a good idea to check latest drivers?

Hello

your symptoms point to an issue with your boot partition

in order to verify

on another working pc, create a "hiren bootstick"

instructions here: https://www.hirensbootcd.org/usb-booting/

insert the stick into your ailing pc and boot from it

Let us know how it went, and we can go from there

Mar 31, 2021
Hello everyone, thanks for your replies :)

I disconnected the hard drives and replaced the SATA cable connected to the SSD with a new one.

I created a hiren bootstick with a windows 10 ISO image, is that right?

It booted, selected the language, time format, keyboard, then says "Initializing Installation" and then the black screen-reboot again. One time it went further and could select the SSD drive to install but right in the very beginning of installation went the black screen again.

The mother/CPU and ram I had before were:

Intel DH67BL Motherboard
CPU Intel Core I7 - 2600
RAM A-Tech 16GB 2x 8GB PC#-12800 Desktop DDR3 1600 Mhz

The power of the GPU should be enough I think (650 W), 3 months ago worked with a GPU ATI radeon HD 7870 with 175 W of consumption and the GTX 1660 S needs 100 W. On the other hand this CPU could require more power and the PSU could be faulty, but to buy a new one I need to be sure the PSU is the problem.

Mar 31, 2021
Hello

your symptoms point to an issue with your boot partition

in order to verify

on another working pc, create a "hiren bootstick"

instructions here: https://www.hirensbootcd.org/usb-booting/

insert the stick into your ailing pc and boot from it

Let us know how it went, and we can go from there
now I understood to load ISO Image the site provides, I was able to boot it once or twice but then crashed again, with black screen and rebooting

TRENDING THREADS