[SOLVED] Games and applications crashing + random black screen flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2021
all my games crash after launching and sometimes my whole pc will bluescreen and crash and i know its not my motherboard, gpu or psu because ive tried different (brand new) ones and the problem still occurs why is this happening? at this point im about to just get a console. is this a software problem? ive tried a factory reset and ddu but it didnt help. if my problem is to do with my hardware im sure its not my cpu, gpu, psu, or motherboard

Did you replace the motherboard without reinstalling Windows? A new motherboard (unless it's the exact same model/version as the old) necessitates a new Windows OS install most of the time.
Are you able to get through a Userbenchmark and post a link to the results?
Are you overclocking anything?

You need to reinstall Windows.
Is this an OEM computer or a custom built? Is the Windows OS an OEM license? Is the Windows OS registered to a Windows account (a Microsoft email address) or just a local account?

You may, potentially, need to purchase a new Windows license. If you haven't already, try registering the Windows with a Microsoft email address.

Its a custom builts, i got the windows from the windows website
Is it Windows 10? If it's a retail version and you have the license key then you're all set.
Backup all your data, create a Windows install USB - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Boot from the USB, wipe the boot drive and install a fresh Windows 10.

Note that you will need to reinstall all your programs and games again. If you have a secondary data drive with all your data on it, just unplug that drive during the initial Windows install to make sure your boot drive is the one you are erasing and reinstalling on.

Jan 22, 2021
all my games crash after launching and sometimes my whole pc will bluescreen and crash and i know its not my motherboard, gpu or psu because ive tried different (brand new) ones and the problem still occurs why is this happening? at this point im about to just get a console. is this a software problem? ive tried a factory reset and ddu but it didnt help

Status
Not open for further replies.