Games and other applications running REALLY slow for the past couple days. Dont know whats wrong.

KingEnder56

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
So for the past couple days, applications (mainly games) have been running extremely slow. Mainly Minecraft and Roblox as these are the applications being affected that I know of. When I play Minecraft, single player is fine but when I play on multiplayer servers its just too much. I know its not the player count of the servers because my private server where I was by myself lagged about the same amount as with Hypixel which has thousands of people playing. The weird thing is when I went to install a mod (modifications for Minecraft) called optifine, which is supposed to reduce lag, It seemed to make it even laggier. When I play Minecraft or Roblox, most of the time its really laggy but every now and then I can get in a game or on a server without as much lag. I've tried so many different things, restarting PC, checking internet connection, running virus scans, but nothing seems to work. Im really getting tired of not being able to go on servers all the time. I have 12 GBs of RAM, Intel Core i5-6200U 2.3GHz with turbo boost up to 2.8GHz, Intel HD graphics 520, up to 2112 MB dynamic video memory (listed all the important parts of my computer). If I need to include anything else let me know and ill get it for you.

-Ryan