CerebralShaman

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Specs:
Windows 7
Intel i5 4670k
Geforce GTX 770
8gb DDR3 Ram

I built this computer specifically for gaming; Playing Titanfall, in particular. I've optimized Windows 7 and streamlined as to only focus on gaming. With my specs, the game should be running at a smooth 60fps on max settings. However, sometimes it runs perfectly and other times it isnt. Sometimes I will drop to 40-50 fps and I don't know why. There are no other applications running and the task manager tells me that the CPU and Memory are both at 0% when idle. I turned the Vsync off in the game options but it creates tearing. So, in the Nvidia control panel, I was told to enable triple buffering and anti aliasing, I did this and it worked well for a while but now it is back to being choppy again. I can't figure out what is causing this nor can I understand why this PC isn't running this game perfectly. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
I haven't played the game personally but read somewhere that if you set Texture Resolution to "Insane" settings it will require 3GB graphics memory.

I don't know what model GTX 770 do you have but if it's the model with 2GB of VRAM then try reducing the Texture Resolution by 1 step down.

Davil

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
There's a good chance that your GPU or CPU is overheating and then throttling. If you get the program "RealTemp" you can start that and play the game then after it starts being choppy go back and check real temp and see what the highest temperatures are. If you enable it in the options you can also see what your GPU had as well. If your CPU is getting over like 70, it's starting to get too hot, and if your GPU is getting over 80 it's also getting too hot.

CerebralShaman

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Mouldred - I'm not using the insane setting as I understand it requires 3GB. I'm using the High texture settings. Yes, I have the 2GB model.

Davil - I will give the temps a look and report back.

Davil

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

That's not under load I can guarantee that. You need to leave realtemp running while playing and when it gives you problems close the game and check what the max temps were.