Question Games are micro-stuttering when CPU temp reaches 60C and above ?

Dec 18, 2022
Ever since I installed my new ryzen 5 3600, whenever I would be playing any game and it'd get specifically to 60c and above. I'll start seeing microstutters that are not noticeable in frametimes or straight up fps drops that drop by 2-3 fps. Can anybody help me please?

Specs :
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler) no OC
MB : Gigabyte A320m-s2h (v.1)
GPU : Gtx 1650 super
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX (8x2) 3200 Mhz running at 3200Mhz
PSU : aerocool 550w LUX

Things I have tried:
DDU
Installing latest chipset drivers
Reinstalling windows
Checking the cooler to see if it's not seated well
Ventilated the computer (runs at 40-65c in games with some bios settings like C-state, CPPC On and CPPC preferred cores off and runs at 70-87 on full load)

Dec 18, 2022
I ran my pc through a game of MW2, what I noticed is that I'm no longer experiencing frame drops. The only thing that I'm noticing is (micro-stuttering) or skipped frames, yet my fps and frametime stay stable. The only difference I'm seeing after the stutter is the CPU usage jumping from 30% to 37-40% which makes me thing the issue is from the cpu. But why would it cause that?

Aug 17, 2022
i get a similar issue when i go to a CPU intensive area for e.g when looking at a big crowd.. Gpu does not struggle but CPU boost clock falls from 4.65 to 4.4 - 4.5 ghz and it causes stutters and fps drops. CPU utilization also increases from 20 - 30 to 40 - 50. One thing that is weird but was keeping the CPU boost clock stable was by opening task manager in the background. it massively reduced the issue but the problem is still here.. try using Task manager.

Dec 18, 2022
i get a similar issue when i go to a CPU intensive area for e.g when looking at a big crowd.. Gpu does not struggle but CPU boost clock falls from 4.65 to 4.4 - 4.5 ghz and it causes stutters and fps drops. CPU utilization also increases from 20 - 30 to 40 - 50. One thing that is weird but was keeping the CPU boost clock stable was by opening task manager in the background. it massively reduced the issue but the problem is still here.. try using Task manager.
I will try this workaround and let you know later today. I installed windows 11 and experienced worse issues but it was fixed by disabling AMD fTpm in bios. I still get some fps drops on cod mw2 that are super consistent when using medium graphics, it always keeps dropping to 57 fps after 5 seconds (60 fps capped). The solution was lowering the graphics to low but I wasn't getting this issue before. Getting this cpu was less of an upgrade and more of a hassle lol

I will try this workaround and let you know later today. I installed windows 11 and experienced worse issues but it was fixed by disabling AMD fTpm in bios. I still get some fps drops on cod mw2 that are super consistent when using medium graphics, it always keeps dropping to 57 fps after 5 seconds (60 fps capped). The solution was lowering the graphics to low but I wasn't getting this issue before. Getting this cpu was less of an upgrade and more of a hassle lol

make sure your bios revision is upgraded to the latest could be a few bugs in the bios

also that psu isnt the best aerocool are quite hit and miss with psus

other things like mosfets near the cpu have no heatsink on that particular board so try blowing a fan on that and see if you get the same issues

Dec 18, 2022
make sure your bios revision is upgraded to the latest could be a few bugs in the bios

also that psu isnt the best aerocool are quite hit and miss with psus

other things like mosfets near the cpu have no heatsink on that particular board so try blowing a fan on that and see if you get the same issues
I've been kind of contemplating updating the motherboard due to some power outtages that keep occuring so I was putting it aside for the longest time, I'll see what I can do. The PSU at the time was the only one I could afford/available. We didn't really have a stock of good components back then. I'll try the fan idea, also I would love a recommendation on what to use to clean my pc from the inside. I want to get rid of dust but people are saying that canned air compressors aren't safe nor are vaccuums.

I've been kind of contemplating updating the motherboard due to some power outtages that keep occuring so I was putting it aside for the longest time, I'll see what I can do. The PSU at the time was the only one I could afford/available. We didn't really have a stock of good components back then. I'll try the fan idea, also I would love a recommendation on what to use to clean my pc from the inside. I want to get rid of dust but people are saying that canned air compressors aren't safe nor are vaccuums.

ive used canned air not very effective to be fair the only reason some arent safe as when they get to cold they make moisture. and vaccums can cause static so a best of both is a electric dust blaster.

i use this brand of air duster

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dusters-EG-1000-UK-Electric-Air-Duster/dp/B073F9NY1X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3MNVYJ7YBS8FZ&keywords=pc+fan+duster&qid=1671755277&sprefix=pc+fan+duster%2Caps%2C205&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

what type of case do you have ? so i can get a idea what the best way to go about cleaning it
  1. to avoid damage lol.
  2. to see if a better cooler may benefit your cpu.

temps

the psu would protect your pc from power outages most modern power supplys have some form of potection

where are you from exactly ?

usa /uk etc

Dec 18, 2022
ive used canned air not very effective to be fair the only reason some arent safe as when they get to cold they make moisture. and vaccums can cause static so a best of both is a electric dust blaster.

i use this brand of air duster

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dusters-EG-1000-UK-Electric-Air-Duster/dp/B073F9NY1X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3MNVYJ7YBS8FZ&keywords=pc+fan+duster&qid=1671755277&sprefix=pc+fan+duster%2Caps%2C205&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

what type of case do you have ? so i can get a idea what the best way to go about cleaning it
  1. to avoid damage lol.
  2. to see if a better cooler may benefit your cpu.
temps

the psu would protect your pc from power outages most modern power supplys have some form of potection

where are you from exactly ?

usa /uk etc
The case is Aerocool Bolt RGB.
I managed to remedy the issue of stuttering after it goes up to 60c by fiddling with the BIOS CPU settings (put global c-state to auto, CPPC Enabled / Preferred cores disabled). I still however am not sure about which are the correct settings that need to be applied. Could you please let me know if you have any idea. (Gigabyte A320M-S2H + Ryzen 5 3600)
I live in morocco (North Africa) so certain products like the ones you provided are not sold here. And the product itself costs as much as my pc when I first bought it 💀.