[SOLVED] Games are randomly locking up and beeping.

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
An issue popped up recently, in the past few days actually, where some games I play will just completely freeze. It's all different games at different times and it's never happened before. I can alt tab, open task manager etc, but the game remains frozen. Not only this, but my PC plays a beep when I click. I click five times, it beeps five times. My clicks are also unresponsive everywhere on the PC, they don't actually work. The games also refuse to close. No matter how many times I force a shutdown in the task manager, it does nothing. I have to restart my PC every time.

Now I should preface this by saying I just recently upgraded my CPU, Mobo and RAM, but it's all properly installed and has been working fine for a few weeks. This issue just started a few days ago.

I upgraded from a MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition to ASRock Z370 Killer, an Intel i7-4770 to an Intel Core i7-8700K and a CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB to Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB. The rest of my PC stayed the same. My one possible idea was maybe my CPU was too hot, going from a 4770 to a 8700k, but the temp maxed out at 50, which I've been that high before for years. I have a Corsair H60 and 4 case fans as it is. What could be causing this all of a sudden? It isn't malware either, I'm 100% certain.

Solution
well The capacitors die in PSU's and even the top of the range gold ones have 7year life span a bronze like you have 4-5 year so it might be the problem.

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015

Sorry, didn't think it mattered since it's the same as I've had for years. It's a XFX-TS 550W and should be more than enough for my system. I'm running a GTX 1070 as well, guess I should add that.