Question Games are stuttering after I upgraded my CPU.

Oct 14, 2024
Recently I upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 3600x to a Ryzen 9 5900x and ever since my games have started to stutter almost every other second. I opened Task Manager to see what the problem was and noticed my GPU utilization kept jumping up and down from 10% to 100% (even on older games like COD BO3). I don't know what is causing the issue and I bought extra RAM (from 32 to 64 now) and a high-wattage power supply (650W to 1000W) to see if that would help but I still have the same issue. Here is my system specs if needed;

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU: RTX 3060 ti

RAM: 64 gigs DDR4

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M K

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I upgraded my CPU from a Ryzen 5 3600x to a Ryzen 9 5900x
First off, I wouldn't have upgraded the processor while still being on that motherboard. Your current board lacks any form of cooling on the VRM area.

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M K
Second, what BIOS version were you on and did you perform an BIOS update prior to the processor upgrade?

a high-wattage power supply (650W to 1000W)
Third, what is the make and model of this aforementioned high-wattage PSU?

RAM: 64 gigs DDR4
+
I bought extra RAM (from 32 to 64 now)
You've generically listed the ram for your built, please pass on a link to said ram kit. If you're working with Corsair rams, please identify both ram kit's PCB revisions.

You forgot to mention how you're cooling the processor, the make and model of your case and the number and orientation of the fans inside the case.

Moved thread from Graphics cards section to Systems section.