Games are stuttering and i don't know why help pleas ?

Deadman_1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
I have an issue with games like Grand theft auto 5 and Forza horizon 3.Games like them stutter like crazy like in GTA 5 when i drive fast the game just freezes for like 2 seconds and when the freez stops after 2 seconds the fps for a second is something like 20 fps or 5 fps or even 2 fps and it's all good for like a few seconds after that 60 fps with vsync on and it goes again all the time like crazy when i play heavy games like that even in forza horizon 3 it's heavy stuttering and im even playing some of the settings at medium 1080p using vsync cuz without it is the same and i think maybe it is my hard drive.
I tried single player in gta 5 and it was not stuttering for some time games that are not that demanding are running normal even without vsync.
And the pc is new like 2 months old.

My computer parts are :

Processor : Intel Core i5-6600 stock cooler
Motherboard : ASRock B150M-HDS
Video : EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SL ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 256bit
Powersupply : Seasonic S12 II 520w Bronze 80+
Ram : 2x4gb (8gb) Kingston HyperX FURY 2400Mhz
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 64MB SATA3

I tought if i get an ssd it will fix that if anyone could help me i will be very happy !

Thanks in advance.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
An SSD will only improve load/save times, not in-game performance.

Are you monitoring thermals? If so, how do CPU/GPU temps look? How does CPU/GPU/RAM utilization look?
Task Manager can help monitor the utilization, but programs like HWMonitor can do it all.

Deadman_1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Yes im monitoring them and the cpu never goes over 62/5 degrees and the video card is 67/70 (75)max in full load at max preset both in games im using msi afterburner for the card with custom control for the fans tried without the program the same.In the beggining i tried some random overclock , but i reset the default settings and i don't think thats the problem.

Deadman_1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
No warning's in the benchmarks normal tempertures no fragments i don't know anything about the voltages , but i saw one thread that if i move the paging file to an ssd it will fix the problem , so thats why i tought if i buy an ssd it will help.The resolution is 1920x1080 tried lower res. Its the same.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There have been a few different ideas so far Deadman_1, and you've answered one or two.

1. What does CPU/GPU/RAM utilization look like?

Then from JackNaylor:

2. 1. Can you get thru the 8 minute benchmark in RoG Real Bench ? What are max core temps / voltages ?

2. What about Furmark ? Any issues / temps ? after 20 Minutes ?

3. Memtest 86+ (12 hrs)

5. Anything (warnings / errors) in event viewer ?

Full load constitutes what ? Playing a game ? Running Furmark ?

Deadman_1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
Ingame hdd usage was normal sometimes like 30 percent it goes to 100 when like i changed the game priority to high and the cpu usage jumped around 90/100 while playing forza ram usage in most heavy games was 90 percent or up cpu sometimes won't go over 60/70 percent in game disk usage goes to 100 percent often even saw avast getting it to 100.
Full load benchmarking i did not have any problems and no fragments when i tested with firestrike.
I see the hdd go to 100 percent often but i did not think it was the hard , cuz its like 100 percent a few seconds and its back to normal than while playing it goes to 100 and drops and sometime it stays longer to 100.
Cpu usage went to 90/100% two days ago when i last played GTA 5 tried high priority than dropped it to normal and it went back to normal usage.
Ram is at 90 or 90+ usage when i play heavy games like gta or forza .

Deadman_1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
I will run the tests that Mr.JackNaylor told me about and i will post the results , but im pretty sure it's not temps. Problem and if anyone has any other suggestions or solutions pleas feel free to help me i think maybe its related to the full ram usage and the paging file and i saw some people suggest that if you move ur paging file to an ssd it will help all that.

Deadman_1

Commendable
Sep 19, 2016
No problems at all after i got the ssd and put the paging file and windows on it the games are on the hard disk.I tested all the programs and saw only one thing that is maybe not normal and that is the processor temp. After i used aida64 and prime both for 10 minutes stress and max temp. Is 70 with aida and 79 with prime and i changed termal paste same using stock cooler the other things are ok.
I still have a little problems with forza horizon 3 , but i think the problem is maybe i the game cuz its badly optimized if anyone of you know anything pleas tell me more.
And i wanted to ask is there any problem if the paging file is manually set by me i put some numbers for min and max 4096 both is there a problem ?