Games at 900p play in a border?

Darren_15

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

This is my first post here, I hope we can solve my issue!

So I have purchased a second pc for use on my main tv, which is a Sony Bravia 4K capable display.

On the second pc, I purchased the division so my wife could join in from time to time. I wanted to have the graphics boosted up a bit and didn't mind the trade off of resolution down to 900p as the gtx960 couldn't keep up at 1080p 60fps.
When I lower the resolution of the game however, the game then plays in a black boxed border, I have payed around using GeForce experience to launch with recommended settings etc and sometimes it WILL launch 900p full screen. But next power up it will be windowed again!

Basically, I have the system set up to boot into steam big picture so it's fool proof for her using a controller, as it stands I have to spend 10 minutes messing around until we can get a game!

Thanks for reading, an suggestions more than welcome.

Daz

Solution
Sounds like you need to play around a bit more with your graphics settings. Is the game set to full screen in options, instead of like borderless windowed or just windowed? With AMD this can be a hassle with black borders, but usually Nvidia does scale it to full screen when set properly.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Sounds like you need to play around a bit more with your graphics settings. Is the game set to full screen in options, instead of like borderless windowed or just windowed? With AMD this can be a hassle with black borders, but usually Nvidia does scale it to full screen when set properly.

Solution