Question Games blackscreening/freezing on new laptop

Apr 21, 2021
Howdy,

First of all my specs are: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Refresh, 2x 8 GB (16 GB) DDR4-3200 Samsung, 1 TB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus | PCIe 3.0 x4 | NVMe

I'm a little bit desperate and trying to figure out what's wrong with my newly bought unit - I will try to explain the problem in as much detail as possible. As mentioned in the title my laptop that arrived about 2 months ago was working fine for about 2 weeks and is now crashing when games are loading (not in the loading screen itself but basically right when it loaded and I could start playing) or when I Alt-Tab them. The sound starts crackling, the image freezes and it goes into a lighted up blackscreen (no error notification etc.). Mouse and keyboard are dying and I'm unable to restart the PC without using the power button. Interestingly enough it seems to appear more often in some games than in others. Also not all the time and really randomly so I can't reproduce it on my own and if it doesn't happen the games run perfectly fine. I already went through the usual troubleshooting methods and maybe even beyond.

Here a quick list of what I already did:

-Upgrading all drivers, downgrading all drivers - freshly installing all drivers in safemode after deinstalling with DDU
- Fresh windows install
-Different power options in Windows
-Trying to run the game without plugging the laptop
-MemTest86 (no problems found)
-CPU Benchmark
-GPU Benchmark
-SSD check-up with a Samsung tool
-Checking temperatures of every component

I would highly appreciate any idea on what the problem might be.

Best regards, thanks in advance and stay healthy!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS