Games capped at 60 fps with limiter and Game DVR off.

Jul 8, 2018
Specs:
i5 8600K Coffee Lake
Nvidia GTX 960 SSC
8 gb ram
750 GB hard drive
250 GB SSD

Restarted PC 2-3 months ago and everything has pretty much have been running smoothly except for a couple minor issues... around a week ago I decided to finally download graphics drivers to fix a problem I’d been having (games would lag spike randomly in fullscreen) and I searched a fix for the problem. I found a fix and I did it (fix pretty much said to turn off triple buffering and switch vsync to adaptive), then I went on to fix another issue I’d been having with Fortnite so I searched up a fix for that as well and I did it. Video: https://youtu.be/t81dYZFGqk4
So then I loaded up Fortnite and my problems were fixed but it was capped at 60 fps. I looked in the settings and the fps was put on unlimited. Got Nvidia Inspector and went to turn limiter off but it was already off. I launched up some other games (Minecraft, GTA V, CS:GO) and they are all capped at 60 as well. I put Fortnite to windowed and the fps went above 60 (around 100-150) but I played Minecraft on windowed and fullscreens and it was capped at 60. For some reason only in Minecraft is where I’ve seen this is that the fps sometimes goes to 61 for like a split second. I have no idea what is happening and I’ve tried many things (INCLUDING TURNING OFF VSYNC) plssss help!

Solution
Under the option for Vsync in Nvidia settings its usually something like "always on, always off, adaptive, let the application decide or application default"
Jul 8, 2018

I’ve tried turning it off but idk what you mean by “letting the application decide”.