Games Causing Blue Screen Errors/Random Restarts, Win. 8.1

NBKEEP

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
When I play certain games, such as Assassin's Creed: BF and Splinter Cell: Black List (both on U-Play) my computer either does one of the following after about 10-60 minutes of playing:

1. Just shuts down and restarts, black screen
2. Blue screen with error messages of "K Mode Exception Not Handled" or "Memory Management"

I built this computer roughly 2 weeks ago and it works perfectly fine when I play different games such as League of Legends or Borderlands 2 (played on Steam) or when I'm just browsing the web. I wasn't sure if this is a Windows 8 issue or if this could be a hardware problem, I just know that the blue screens were triggered through Win. 8.1.

I can also get the specs if needed to diagnose what the problem may be.

Thank you for viewing!

Solution
There are MANY possible reasons for this.

-Virus
-Dying GPU/CPU
-Not Enough Power for GPU/CPU
(or too high of overclock)

-Weak Powersupply

-Corrupt Files
-Corrupt Registry

there might be more, but I can't think of anything else.

You might want to check these problems out in a process of elmination :)
if not just take it to your local repair shop

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
There are MANY possible reasons for this.

-Virus
-Dying GPU/CPU
-Not Enough Power for GPU/CPU
(or too high of overclock)

-Weak Powersupply

-Corrupt Files
-Corrupt Registry

there might be more, but I can't think of anything else.

You might want to check these problems out in a process of elmination :)
if not just take it to your local repair shop

Solution

NBKEEP

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Sorry about that, I accidentally posted it incompletely. I added a few other things to the description that may help out with the diagnosing.

Speaking of CPU/GPU/Power supply, here's my specs:

MSI Z-77 Motherboard
3.4GHz, i5 processor
EVGA GTX 770 GPU
8 GB RAM (Ripjaw)
120 GB Kingston SSD, this is where Win. 8.1 is booted from at start up and this is where U-Play games are saved.
120 GB HDD from an older desktop computer
750W Corsair Power Supply

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013

Try going into your bios and set everything to stock

also do you have msi afterburner or anything that's overclocking your gpu?

NBKEEP

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
As far as I know, everything is set back to stock settings. I did have my CPU at 4.0GHz OC, then I noticed the problems and reset it back to stock. And I do not have after burner, no.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
The best bet, is to format your computer. There are too many possibilities that may be causing this.
A clean format should clear it up, if it does not, then you'll know it's a hardware problem.

Either your CPU or GPU is dying.
more likely the cpu. (gpu dying usually causes freezes and crashes not BSOD)

NBKEEP

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
What would be the best route to formatting my computer? I mean, I have tons of time to do this since I'm on break from college now. Hopefully my parts aren't dead already, just got them recently and brand new. Last night my game did freeze just once, but everything else worked.. like, I could still go to my apps and such, but Assassin's Creed froze my desktop app and that's the first time it has ever frozen up on me.

NBKEEP

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Okay, I will keep this in mind if my problem keeps persisting. Until then, I'm going to try and run other games on here for a while to try and pinpoint if it is only Assassin's Creed or if it happens with every single game I play, regardless of where it is stored.
Thank you for the help!