[SOLVED] Games causing loss of DP output

Dec 25, 2019
I am not really a huge computer hardware guy so I thought I would post here in the hopes that someone more knowledgeable could point me in the right direction.
Just today I suddenly started having a weird issue I've never seen before, I have no idea the origin but I am assuming it is GPU related.

Today I installed Diablo 3 and booted it up while watching a youtube video on my second monitor. I loaded into a game and opened the rift interface.
The instant the character came in contact with the obelisk and the game would have displayed that ui, my screen went black. Audio remained normal and inputs would have the expected sound response. After a few moments of "no dp signal detected" the screen would come back. If I leave it open there will be random short intervals of the screen being visible followed by loss of signal by my monitor. I tried to actually play through a rift and randomly while running and not fighting or while fighting hordes, I would lose signal.

In an attempt to discover if it was just D3, I actually was able to discover a consistency in its behaviour. I booted Apex Legends and went into the firing range. It didn't take long to find that opening the inventory menu would have the same effect, but even more pronounced. In Apex there is less than a second of visible screen time before signal loss and usually a solid 3 seconds without a signal. Right clicking the weapon slots would insta black screen if I pressed it inside the timeframe that it would normally fail itself. Running around and shooting I would rarely but still sometimes get the black screen.

Up until now no issues running this for multiple years. My fear is the GPU is dying.... I cannot afford to replace it...
It is an EVGA 1080ti FTW3
It is connected via DP to:
ASUS ROG 144hz GSync w/ built in OC to 165hz 2560x1440
and via DVI to some shitty korean alternative:
QNIX 60hz 2560x1440

plz halp

Solution
Have you tried playing in a lower resolution? I'd like to see what happens.
I'd also try just having one monitor connected if you can, to see if its the dual monitors.

Dooktar

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
Have you tried playing in a lower resolution? I'd like to see what happens.
I'd also try just having one monitor connected if you can, to see if its the dual monitors.

Solution