Question Games Constantly Crash On New PC

stuperstrong

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2012
I recently built a new computer about 2 or so weeks ago and have experienced non-stop crashing problems in games since.

X470-AORUS-GAMING-5-WIFI
AMD RYZEN 5 2600X
NZXT Kraken x62
G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
WD BLACK SN750 500GB NVMe Internal Gaming SSD
Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
EVGA Supernova 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W
AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 XTREME 8G
Corsair Obsidian 500D Case
2xMG278Q Asus Gaming Monitors - 1 Connected DP, 1 Connected HDMI
Windows 10 Pro

I ran both Prime95 and Furmark a couple times for an hour each time with no issues.
I ran memtest86 (all test) for 4 hours with no errors.
I cleared the drivers in Safe Mode with DDU and reinstalled.
I reinstalled Windows.
Temps in game are 45-50C on CPU and 75-78C on GPU.

I have only played Anthem and The Division 2 on my new computer so far, but the crashes happen pretty evenly between both games. Sometimes I can play for hours without a crash, and then once they start happening it gets more and more frequent to the point that I just give up playing or reboot my computer and try again, which seems to fix the issue temporarily.

These crashes only take me back to my desktop, with no errors and I am able to keep on using my computer normally. At first I thought it may be CAM (I've heard of people having issues with this software) or having Youtube open on the 2nd monitor due to it causing stutters anytime a new video started, but it doesn't appear either was the culprit as I have these crashes with nothing else open but the game.

I did have the GPU vertically mounted at first, but removed that from the equation to verify it wasn't the issue.

I do have my old computer still, and I'm considering taking the GPU out of it and sticking it in this one as it has no issues with either these games at all (my wife plays with me and she doesn't have ANY crashing issues). Everything in my old computer is compatible in my new one as well if there are any other ideas.
Old PC:
X370 Asus Prime - 1700x - NZXT Kraken x62 - G Skill Tridentz 2x8 3200 - Samsung Evo 760 - EVGA 850W - Asus Strix Vega 64 - NZXT S340 Elite

I think this all the info I have on this, but I may have forgotten something.

EDIT: Decide to try running GW2 just to see if it'd happen there to, and it does.

Last edited:

stuperstrong

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2012
I downloaded Anthem from the Origin Launcher and The Division 2 from the Uplay Launcher.

I'm on the latest Motherboard Bios.
All drivers are up to date.

Windows 10 is also up to date at 1809.

Also, if relevant, I always play games with Borderless Windowed at 1440.

Last edited:

Latest posts