Question Games constantly crash when I play them after not playing for a while

Jlogiics

Commendable
Apr 24, 2017
I use my computer almost everyday for low demanding tasks, mainly YouTube & it runs perfectly. Once every couple of weeks or so., I'll try and game.

Everytime I try to play, no matter the game, it crashes in the first 15 minutes or so. The PC doesn't crash, just the game. If I play the game for a few hours, this will eventually stop. However if I leave it for a week or so, then come back, the same thing happens again.

I mainly play Apex Legends. While on this my CPU is around 65% & my GPU is almost always at 99%.

I've tried lowering the graphics to lowest settings, but it doesn't help. Below are my specs:

i7-4790k
16GB ram
GTX 1070
700W Aerocool Integrator

I really don't know what to do. Do I need a new CPU? GPU? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

700W Aerocool Integrator

Please avoid using this PSU brand. It's a poor quality PSU. ONLY very few select models from AEROCOOL are okay-ish, but I would still AVOID using them, at least on a GAMING PC. I'm not saying PSU is the culprit here, but try to get some other high quality PSU.

I'm skeptical about the build quality of that unit. Can you tell me which one of these models you actually have ? https://www.aerocool.com.tw/en/products/pus-1

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....