[SOLVED] Games constantly crashing on Windows 10

May 3, 2020
So basically I bought this new computer(components):
i5 750 (CPU)
RX 470 (GPU)
8gb RAM (RAM MEMORY)
500gb HDD (HARD DISK STORAGE)
ASRock P55M Pro (MOTHERBOARD)

In the start, games were running smoothly without any crashes and problems.
Now, games crash a lot.
Doesn't matter which game it is, even CSGO which was running on 60fps on very high settings now crash on medium WITHOUT any error(sometimes with error, and games also sometimes freeze and after 1 hour I can get to desktop)
This is what I tried to fix this(none worked):
I reinstalled Windows 10
I reset my BIOS settings and loaded ones that were previously(before restart) on.
I cleaned inside my PC.
I added the paste to the CPU. (Just the new one)
I plugged off and back on my graphic card.

I really need help. Does there exist any fix without buying a brand new PC?

Solution
ATX Switching PSU LC420H-12 V1.3
I don't know how old it is but on Amazon I founded that it was first time in 2012.

Does your particular graphics card require a seperate PCI-e 6-pin or 8-pin power connector?

Your PSU isn't listed as having any PCI-e power connectors. Are you using any SATA or Molex to PCI-e adaptors?

Also, with the PSU's possible age in mind, and the fact that its power rating of 420 Watt is listed as "max / peak" on their product support page - which means it continous power delivery performace will likely be less than 420watt - I would say there's a good chance the your PSU is the cause of the problems you are experiencing

It is often seen, that old and or poor quality PSUs, which suddenly are...
It might be the VGA fault, cause i ever experience that. I overclocked too much and it crash often, and its hot, so i tryna replace the paste with a good one in my gpu and its quite fixed, you could try replace your GPU thermal paste with a better one, such as Arctic MX4 or Noctua NT-H1. if it didnt help alot, time to change your gpu (better than re flashing gpu bios and some other stuffs right?)

So basically I bought this new computer(components):
i5 750 (CPU)
RX 470 (GPU)
8gb RAM (RAM MEMORY)
500gb HDD (HARD DISK STORAGE)
ASRock P55M Pro (MOTHERBOARD)

In the start, games were running smoothly without any crashes and problems.
Now, games crash a lot.
Doesn't matter which game it is, even CSGO which was running on 60fps on very high settings now crash on medium WITHOUT any error(sometimes with error, and games also sometimes freeze and after 1 hour I can get to desktop)
This is what I tried to fix this(none worked):
I reinstalled Windows 10
I reset my BIOS settings and loaded ones that were previously(before restart) on.
I cleaned inside my PC.
I added the paste to the CPU. (Just the new one)
I plugged off and back on my graphic card.

I really need help. Does there exist any fix without buying a brand new PC?

What PSU are you using? Exact make and model - possibly age as well?

May 3, 2020
Please watch the language
It might be the VGA fault, cause i ever experience that. I overclocked too much and it crash often, and its hot, so i tryna replace the paste with a good one in my gpu and its quite fixed, you could try replace your GPU thermal paste with a better one, such as Arctic MX4 or Noctua NT-H1. if it didnt help alot, time to change your gpu (better than re flashing gpu bios and some other stuffs right?)
Honestly changing thermal paste sounds pretty Removed up and it probably could go wrong really quick.
Is there anything else I could do about this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
ATX Switching PSU LC420H-12 V1.3
I don't know how old it is but on Amazon I founded that it was first time in 2012.

Does your particular graphics card require a seperate PCI-e 6-pin or 8-pin power connector?

Your PSU isn't listed as having any PCI-e power connectors. Are you using any SATA or Molex to PCI-e adaptors?

Also, with the PSU's possible age in mind, and the fact that its power rating of 420 Watt is listed as "max / peak" on their product support page - which means it continous power delivery performace will likely be less than 420watt - I would say there's a good chance the your PSU is the cause of the problems you are experiencing

It is often seen, that old and or poor quality PSUs, which suddenly are pushed to or even beyond their limit - for example when upgrading to a new graphics card, will work fine in the beginning, but quickly become unstable resulting in a few randoms BSODs to begin with, and then causing more and more stability problems and random crashes as time goes on - eventually the PSU usually die - with the added risk of permanently damaging other compnents in the PC, such as graphics cards or motherboards.

PSU performance can often degrade over time, which is why I asked for the age of your PSU.

A good way to proceed would be to see if you can borrow a different - working and suffiently powerful PSU with the correct connectors for your graphics card, and test your system with that installed to see if the random crashes continue or goes away. Possibly borrow one from a family member or a neighbour

Personally, I'd say your PSU is the most likely culprit, and I'd recommended either confirming or ruling it out as the problem, by testing with a different power supply

Last edited:
Solution
May 3, 2020

Also, with the PSU's possible age in mind, and the fact that its power rating of 420 Watt is listed as "max / peak" on their product support page - which means it continous power delivery performace will likely be less than 420watt - I would say there's a good chance the your PSU is the cause of the problems you are experiencing.

It is often seen, that old and poor quality PSUs, which suddenly are pushed to or even beyond their limit - for example when upgrading to a new graphics card, will work fine in the beginning, but quickly become unstable resulting in a few randoms BSODs to begin with, and then causing more and more stability problems and random crashes as time goes on - eventually the PSU usually die.

A good way to proceed would be to see if you can borrow a different - working and suffiently powerful - PSU, and test your system with that installed to see if the random crashes continue or goes away. Possibly borrow one from a family member or a neighbour

Personally, I'd say your PSU is the most likely culprit, and I'd recommended either confirming or ruling it out as the problem, by testing with a different power supply
I use those adapters, don't really know if they are SATA or Molex to PCI-e. I never had any BSODs. I don't think that my family members have any better PSUs but I can try. Can u recommend some cheap but new PSUs in the case that this is the problem?

It doesn't really matter if the adaptors are molex or sata. It is highly recommended that you never use such adaptors.

When a PSU doesn't have the required connectors for a graphics card, it is very often an indication that the PSU is old, of poor quality or insufficient power (or sometimes a combination of all three).

Considering the age and the performance of your current PSU, I would definately replace it with a new PSU of sufficent performance and decent quality.

I can't recommend you a cheap PSU, if you are considering buying the cheapest you can find.

A PSU doesn't have to be the most expensive on the market, but the few dollars and cents saved on a very cheap (but poor quality) PSU, can cost you dearly later on, when the PSU eventually fails, potentially causing permanent damage to your new GPU for example.

What is your budget for a new PSU?

May 3, 2020
It doesn't really matter if the adaptors are molex or sata. It is highly recommended that you never use such adaptors.

When a PSU doesn't have the required connectors for a graphics card, it is very often an indication that the PSU is old, of poor quality or insufficient power (or sometimes a combination of all three).

Considering the age and the performance of your current PSU, I would definately replace it with a new PSU of sufficent performance and decent quality.

I can't recommend you a cheap PSU, if you are considering buying the cheapest you can find.

A PSU doesn't have to be the most expensive on the market, but the few dollars and cents saved on a very cheap (but poor quality) PSU, can cost you dearly later on, when the PSU eventually fails, potentially causing permanent damage to your new GPU for example.

What is your budget for a new PSU?
2 dollars :(

2 dollars :(

Ouch! That is going to be a problem. That is also why it would have been great if you could borrow one for testing if it actually IS the problem, but I realize that it is unfortunately not always an option.

Hopefully someone else has a suggestion for you to try.

But personally, I think that replacing the PSU is definately something to consider, and is a likely solution to the problem.

May 3, 2020
Ouch! That is going to be a problem. That is also why it would have been great if you could borrow one for testing if it actually IS the problem, but I realize that it is unfortunately not always an option.

Hopefully someone else has a suggestion for you to try.

But personally, I think that replacing the PSU is definately something to consider, and is a likely solution to the problem.
Hey,now after month im back with 157.62 dollars budget for new PSU. Do you have any recommends? I saw that EVGA 500W is 54 dollars but I still want to ask somebody who knows more about it than me.

May 3, 2020
When PC was bought everything was already done on him,and not really much time after i bought it crashing started.

TRENDING THREADS