Question Games constantly crashing with Gigabyte rx 5700 xt and AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Aug 18, 2020
So I am putting this under the CPU board because I believe it is a CPU problem but I'm not sure.

So I built a new system in the hopes of live streaming, the build includes:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8 core CPU
Asus Prime X570-P Mobo
G.Skill trident 16 GB RAM (2x8GB)
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU
Corsair CXM 750 W PSU
Windows 10 Pro

Now my problem is that games were crashing within a few minutes of starting up. They would freeze, minimize, then go unresponsive and I would have to use the task manager + tab key (because the mouse couldn't be used) to close the program. Along with this some other programs that I would have open would go unresponsive too. This included any AMD software, as well as Battle.net if I were using it. I seemingly fixed this after installing the driver for the GPU without the Radeon bloatware as well as updating the chipset driver. However now the problem has come back. But it's not when I am playing games only, but when I try to stream the games. It seems to be that the processor is having issues with these tasks all at once. I have tried monitoring the CPU heat and usage but the programs just crash along with the game, and without a second monitor it's hard to tell what it is. No error messages, just crashing programs.

I've tried changing the drivers for everything, but Windows says they are up to date. The only thing I've found online is other people with the same GPU having issues due to bad drivers. But I just don't know if it is the GPU, CPU, or anything else.

Any help would be appreciated, I'll provide any info I can.

Aug 9, 2020
I have 5700xt... it runs hot..make sure you have plenty of ventilation for it. Try not to overclock and see if that helps... it's a lot of work for it to be playing and streaming. Also dont restrict the fan , even if its gets loud.

g-unit1111

Titan
One thing I would suggest is that you have a lot of high end hardware in that rig, but only a mid range PSU. The Radeon 5700XT is a relatively power hungry GPU and it needs a solid stream of power in order to function properly. I would suggest trying with a much stronger PSU like a Seasonic Prime 750 or a Corsair AXi / HXi for that particular GPU.

Aug 18, 2020
Update:
Hey guys thanks for the replies. I believe that I solved the issue. It's hard to tell since the issue itself is variable, but I haven't encountered it so far. What I did was changed the PCIE port speeds in the bios from the default "auto" to "gen 4." This seemed to do the trick. If anyone having a similar problem as this comes across this thread try doing this.