Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
Memory: 2x16 3200
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060
Motherboard: ROG STRIX x-570-F Gaming
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB
Storage: 1TB HDD + 1TB M.2
PSU: Corsair 750W

(If you need anything else please let me know)

So I've been having constant crashing issues, even before my upgrade I had a RX580 which also had crashing on various games.

with my RTX 2060, the games that crash or; Fortnite, Black Ops 2, Hitman 2, Shadow of the tomb raider, Escape from Tarkov (these are the games off the top of my head.)
Games that dont crash; Valorant, Warzone (again these are the games of the top of my head.)

If tried every "fix" in the book;
Clean install of windows,
Install up to date GPU drivers,
Using DDU to remove old drivers,
Using regedit
Removing OC ( I havnt OC anything other than the DOCP profile for my RAM, which I also removed and that did not fix anything.)

This is my first time posting anything, I'm actually flabbergasted with this issue, I've literally been on every website and youtube video that says "FIX".

Also, I dont know if this has anything to do with crashes or anything but I constantly see these error messages in the event viewer;
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

I've done everything it says online to try and stop these errors yet they dont go away, It seems like I don't have full control over my PC, I dont know how to describe it but It feels like my pc is setup in a way that its meant to be apart of one big hub, similar to a school computer where you cant do certain things. Just seems weird that I dont have access to things on my own computer.

Thank you for the help and let me know if you need anything else.

Last edited:

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
Memory: 2x16 3200
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060
Motherboard: ROG STRIX x-570-F Gaming
Case: Corsair iCUE 220T RGB
Storage: 1TB HDD + 1TB M.2
PSU: Corsair 750W

(If you need anything else please let me know)

So I've been having constant crashing issues, even before my upgrade I had a RX580 which also had crashing on various games.

with my RTX 2060, the games that crash or; Fortnite, Black Ops 2, Hitman 2, Shadow of the tomb raider, Escape from Tarkov (these are the games off the top of my head.)
Games that dont crash; Valorant, Warzone (again these are the games of the top of my head.)

If tried every "fix" in the book;
Clean install of windows,
Install up to date GPU drivers,
Using DDU to remove old drivers,
Using regedit
Removing OC ( I havnt OC anything other than the DOCP profile for my RAM, which I also removed and that did not fix anything.)

This is my first time posting anything, I'm actually flabbergasted with this issue, I've literally been on every website and youtube video that says "FIX".

Also, I dont know if this has anything to do with crashes or anything but I constantly see these error messages in the event viewer;
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

I've done everything it says online to try and stop these errors yet they dont go away, It seems like I don't have full control over my PC, I dont know how to describe it but It feels like my pc is setup in a way that its meant to be apart of one big hub, similar to a school computer where you cant do certain things. Just seems weird that I dont have access to things on my own computer.

Thank you for the help and let me know if you need anything else.
Hi Caquat,

The error you posted most likely not causing the issue. This is a benign error and I have yet to come across it causing any issues with gaming. I bet every PC user running windows 7 upwards opened event viewer this error would be there.

Can you please open system infomation and post BIOS Version/Date

When you say the PC crashes, does it blue screen with stop code? or is it just the game that crashes?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the quick engagement with my thread.

Bios Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 4021, 09/08/2021

When the game crashes, the game freezes, I can still hear the audio of the game, and most of the time I have to force close it with Task Manager. I have not experienced any blue screen.
I also forgot to mention I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044. (Not sure if that is needed or not.)

Thank you again for helping me try and fix this issue and get to the root of the problem.

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the quick engagement with my thread.

Bios Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 4021, 09/08/2021alquat

When the game crashes, the game freezes, I can still hear the audio of the game, and most of the time I have to force close it with Task Manager. I have not experienced any blue screen.
I also forgot to mention I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044. (Not sure if that is needed or not.)

Thank you again for helping me try and fix this issue and get to the root of the problem.
Hi Calquat,

Your BIOS is up to date. Windows is outdated tho I would try updating to 21H2.

Also ensure all drivers are upto date. Specifically the AMD chipset

https://rog.asus.com/uk/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_download

Open task manager->select performance->highlight Memory-> post a picture.

Also do you have MSi Afterburner + MSI Kombustor installed.

If not can you install both please.

https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards

Open MSI Afterburner and post a picture please.

Run Kombustor to stress test your GPU for about 45mins let me know if it crashes.

Dec 26, 2021
Hi Thomas,

I've updated all the drivers like you said, currently doing a stress test with MSI Kombustor, I wasn't sure which mode to select so I chose TESSMARK-X32, not sure if this matters or not but I thought I would let you know, its been going for around 30 mins and it has not crashed and is going strong. Min TEMP of 50 and Max TEMP of 79.

Memory picture: View: https://imgur.com/a/XWQ6sce

(the RAM speed is at that because I turned off the DOCP profile like I said in the main thread.)

MSI After Burner: View: https://imgur.com/a/KaFyWRH

(I haven't touched anything, first time boot then I took a screenshot.)

Let me know if you need anything else, I will also update you on the Stress Test once its reached 45 mins.

EDIT:
I took a screenshot of the stress test, not sure if this is necessary or not: View: https://imgur.com/a/5mD19lx

Last edited:

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Hi Thomas,

I've updated all the drivers like you said, currently doing a stress test with MSI Kombustor, I wasn't sure which mode to select so I chose TESSMARK-X32, not sure if this matters or not but I thought I would let you know, its been going for around 30 mins and it has not crashed and is going strong. Min TEMP of 50 and Max TEMP of 79.

Memory picture: View: https://imgur.com/a/XWQ6sce

(the RAM speed is at that because I turned off the DOCP profile like I said in the main thread.)

MSI After Burner: View: https://imgur.com/a/KaFyWRH

(I haven't touched anything, first time boot then I took a screenshot.)

Let me know if you need anything else, I will also update you on the Stress Test once its reached 45 mins.
Hi Calquat,

Thank you RAM is running at is normal speed, system usually sets RAM about slower than stated speed by manufacturer. DOCP is just fine as long as your profile matches the speed of RAM.

Everything else looks fine from images sent.

How is RAM on the motherboard? Single or Dual to check this download CPU-z

https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.98-en.exe

open CPU-Z->Click Memory->post picture

Dec 26, 2021
I didnt get any crashes with the stress test, it ran for around 50 mins with no issues.

I've already loaded the defaults and tried testing it on games but I still get crashes.

Im quite stumped on what could be the cause for the crashing.

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
I didnt get any crashes with the stress test, it ran for around 50 mins with no issues.

I've already loaded the defaults and tried testing it on games but I still get crashes.

Im quite stumped on what could be the cause for the crashing.

Hi Calquat,

not crashing during GPU test rules out any issue with GPU.

can you run a test on memory for me.

Have you done a malware or Virus scan? if not can you pleasedownload malwarebytes free and run a scan please

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download

open malwarebytes -> Settings->Security->Scan options ->enable scan for rootkits

Scan system if no malware found then un memory test

click start->type Windows Memory Diagnostic ->Restart now and check for problems

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Dec 26, 2021
Hi Thomas,

I let the VRAM Stress Test run for an hour and it ran with no issues.

I will get back to you on the new driver and the crystal disk.

I checked the version of NVIDIA and I running 497.29, not sure if this version is stable for my card or not, just though I would let you know.

I will also check the stability of some games and get back to you on that.

Dec 26, 2021
I tried to play Fortnite, I was able to play roughly 20 mins and it freeze and I had to force close it.

I will install the new Drivers and see if that will fix it.

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Hi Calquat,
I just checked the EVGA website and the most recent driver is 497.09 can you please download it and roll current driver back. use DDU to uninstall current driver and then install 497.09 driver.

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/497.29/497.29-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe
Hi Thomas,

I let the VRAM Stress Test run for an hour and it ran with no issues.

I will get back to you on the new driver and the crystal disk.

I checked the version of NVIDIA and I running 497.29, not sure if this version is stable for my card or not, just though I would let you know.

I will also check the stability of some games and get back to you on that.
Hi Calquat,

on the GPU's support page the most recent is 497.09 not 497.29.

Als did you manage to update your Windows to 21h2?

can you also try the following

Add exclusions in anti Virus for all game folders
Set permissions foe all game folders to everyone

Dec 26, 2021
Hi Thomas,

I just installed the driver you sent me, and that version was 497.29?

Also, I checked for updates on windows but It says thats its up to date.

Regarding the exclusions, I tried all that with windows defender and firewall.

For the permissions, I'm not sure how to do that.

Also with the drives, I have had the game Fortnite installed on both my HDD and SSD, and they have crashed on both, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times on both.

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
Hi Thomas,

I just installed the driver you sent me, and that version was 497.29?

Also, I checked for updates on windows but It says thats its up to date.

Regarding the exclusions, I tried all that with windows defender and firewall.

For the permissions, I'm not sure how to do that.

Also with the drives, I have had the game Fortnite installed on both my HDD and SSD, and they have crashed on both, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times on both.
Hi Calquat,

still need you to run crystal disk info to check for errors to rule out hardware issues. its a process of alimination to see what could be causing it.

Can you monitor PSU voltage with afterburner wile gaming.
Instructions:
open MSI afterburner-> Settings->Monitoring tab->click ... next to Active Hardware Monitoring->tick hwinfo.dll

tick PSU 5v,3v, 12v and turn on for OSD

Als did you manage to update your Windows to 21h2?

can you also try the following
Add exclusions in anti Virus for all game folders
Set permissions foe all game folders to everyone

ThomasHoey

Honorable
Jun 20, 2017
I've tried to give the Fortnite folder full permissions by; Right clicking it, Properties, Security, then giving it full control but then this error message popped up, not sure why I wouldnt have permissions to give it full control?

View: https://imgur.com/a/QLRrZWt
Hi Calquat

try turning off User Account control and try again

instructions:
1, Press the Windows + S buttons to bring up the search bar. Here, type in “Change User Account Control Settings” and click on the matching search result.
2, You should see a slider on the left side of the new window. Click on the slider head and drag it all the way down towards the “Never notify” text.
3, Click the OK button and restart your computer. Try changing the permissions for the file or folder affected, or re-attempt the first method.

if that doesn;t work can you try taking ownership of the folder for me.

instructions:
1, Right-click on the fortnite folder, then choose “Properties.”
2, Switch over to the “Security” tab, then click on the “Advanced” button in the bottom-right of the window.
3, Click on the “Change” link located next to the file owner, just under the file name.
4, Type in your account name under the “Enter the object name to select” heading, then click the “Check Names” button. If your name becomes underlined, click the OK button to proceed. Otherwise, click on the “Advanced” button and find your username from the list.
5, Two new options should appear. Make sure to enable both “Replace owner on sub containers and objects” and “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object” as shown in the image below.
6, Click the “Apply” button and re-open the Advanced Security window shown in Step 2.
7, Click on the “Add” button located near the bottom-left of the window.
8, Click on the “select a Prinicipal” link
9, Under the “Enter the object name to select” heading, write in the word “Everyone” and click the “Check Names” button.
10, Click the OK button and close the windows. You should be able to try and set permissions for the affected file or folder now.

try again

Dec 26, 2021
Ok, so the first method did not work but the second did, I have now managed to change the permissions of the folder.

Regarding the Voltage monitoring, ive done all the steps correctly but the OSD doesnt show on my game, I tried to see if anything else would and the GPU usage, temp ect appears fine. Not sure why the voltages wouldnt be appearing?

on a side note: I would like to thank you for taking your time to help me, I really appreciate it mate.