Question Games constantly freezes and stuttering

Jun 6, 2019
My problem appeared almost a year ago, at that point i was actively playing Rust, as some people know, this is not the most optimized game and i was blaming the game.
Some time passed and other games started to freez and i had enough of that.
After that i reinstalled windows multiple times, different versions and was testing how smoothly things goes now.
When reinstalling windows did not help i got an advice from my older brother who kinda knows things about computers and how they work.
He told me to get a new storage drive, he said SSD is a good choice because it's faster and smaller. And i bought both a kingston SSD (500gb) and HDD WD (2tb).

I have installed windows on my brand new SSD and everything started to load faster just like my brother said but games still freezes and stuttering for 5-10 seconds.
I was playing like that for almost a year (not the best gaming experience) and i have decided to finally upgrade my PC well.
I have bought new MB "B450 Mortar" , "Ryzen 7 2700x", 2 planks of RAM 8gb each so 16gb in total "Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 Vengeance"
Now i have 16gb ram DDR4 but not 8gb DDR3 as i had before and new processor with MB
But things just getting worse everytime i try to fix it.
Currently i am playing WoW and it freezes sometimes (not very often) but Rust, the game that i was making all of these monipulations with my hardware for, is running smoothly even on highest settings BUT it doesnt matter because either i choose "super potato" graphics options or "extreme" it simply freezes and then crashes with no error message.

Here is my PC info for someone who wants to know more:

Time of this report: 6/6/2019, 12:52:29
Machine name: DESKTOP-F579NAP
Machine Id: {E0AB651F-536E-4695-8CB4-9E827505612A}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model: MS-7B89
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/06/19 15:17:04 Ver: V1.60 (type: BIOS)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16334MB RAM
Page File: 7022MB used, 18123MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x679A)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_679A&SUBSYS_277C1462&REV_00
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 11219 MB
Dedicated Memory: 3052 MB
Shared Memory: 8167 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
HDR Support: Not Supported
Please give some advices so i can finally die in peace in my heart (but possibly play a couple of games before)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019
The VS line is scary quality wise and is very prone to failure.

By freezes and crashes do you mean you have to force shutdown the pc?

I see your drivers for gpu are up to date. Your ssd is performing pretty bad tho...
I don't have to shut down my PC no, it just freezes for 5-10 seconds and then works properely, but when it's freezes and crashes it just closes the game.

Jun 6, 2019
The VS line is scary quality wise and is very prone to failure.

By freezes and crashes do you mean you have to force shutdown the pc?

I see your drivers for gpu are up to date. Your ssd is performing pretty bad tho...
Any recommendations? Should i change my power supply? And what's wrong with my SSD why is it not working as good?

Jun 6, 2019
See to me, this sounds like a graphics card problem. Have you tried benchmarking your graphics card? Have you checked how hot it is running? Frame Rate in WoW is almost always graphics based. Have you tried adjusting the graphics settings in WoW just to see if lower settings give you a better experience? You can also try to re-seat the graphics card or try moving it to a different PCIe slot..

Jun 6, 2019
See to me, this sounds like a graphics card problem. Have you tried benchmarking your graphics card? Have you checked how hot it is running? Frame Rate in WoW is almost always graphics based. Have you tried adjusting the graphics settings in WoW just to see if lower settings give you a better experience? You can also try to re-seat the graphics card or try moving it to a different PCIe slot..
No matter how low the graphics settings are, fps stays the same. (Pretty much because WoW limited by 60 fps)
And i don't really know how to benchmark my GC.

Jun 6, 2019
I've just benchmarked my GC using "Heaven benchmark 4.0" and most of the scenes showed me 80-100 fps on high settings and temperatures goes up to 97.

Jun 6, 2019
There's the issue, 97c is bad. Likely the card is thermal throttling to keep from damage.
I would dust the card and ramp the fans up in MSI afterburner. IF its still above 80-85c, id reapply new thermal paste to the R9 280.
I will do my best to dust it and hopefully that helps to reduce the temperature.

But what about the power supply, may it cause problem like the one i have?