Question Games Constantly Stutter and make it unplayable

Jul 27, 2022
Ive Tried DDU and reinstalling even reformatting here is my userbenchmark but for some reason games CONSTANTLY drop frames and hitch going from 144 to 60 to 144 to 20 its constant and it makes it unplayable with my rig it shouldnt do that should it?

UserBenchmarks: Game 123%, Desk 90%, Work 125%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 82%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 - 149.7%
SSD: Sandisk PLUS 240GB - 44%
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 239.1%
HDD: WD Green 1TB (2010) - 51.9%
RAM: Unknown F4-3200C16-8GTZR KD48GU880-32A160U F4-3200C16-8GTZR KD48GU880-32A160U 32GB - 81.4%
MBD: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)

Ive Tried DDU and reinstalling even reformatting here is my userbenchmark but for some reason games CONSTANTLY drop frames and hitch going from 144 to 60 to 144 to 20 its constant and it makes it unplayable with my rig it shouldnt do that should it?

UserBenchmarks: Game 123%, Desk 90%, Work 125%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 82%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 - 149.7%
SSD: Sandisk PLUS 240GB - 44%
SSD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 239.1%
HDD: WD Green 1TB (2010) - 51.9%
RAM: Unknown F4-3200C16-8GTZR KD48GU880-32A160U F4-3200C16-8GTZR KD48GU880-32A160U 32GB - 81.4%
MBD: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
try follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet and close any background apps.
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours since it's 16 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if it's enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (version 7C02v3F2 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, then save and exit. If you cant boot with CSM disabled, then just enable it.

(OPTIONAL) enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.06.xx that's installed. Then check in power plan if Amd Ryzen Balanced is used instead of regular Balanced Power Plan.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Put ram on slot 2 and 4 if you do use 2 sticks only. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Jul 27, 2022
try follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet and close any background apps.
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours since it's 16 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if it's enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (version 7C02v3F2 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, then save and exit. If you cant boot with CSM disabled, then just enable it.

(OPTIONAL) enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.06.xx that's installed. Then check in power plan if Amd Ryzen Balanced is used instead of regular Balanced Power Plan.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Put ram on slot 2 and 4 if you do use 2 sticks only. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
ok so i tried everything you said but games like Fortnite still go under 144fps aswell as hitch by going down to like 4 to 60 to 3 to 100 and so on and im not sure what to do now :/

ok so i tried everything you said but games like Fortnite still go under 144fps aswell as hitch by going down to like 4 to 60 to 3 to 100 and so on and im not sure what to do now :/
I think it's because on the latest update the game changed to UE5 (Unreal Engine 5) that might probably causes the issue (not optimized yet) because i experienced it too. Im using DX12 anyways. I just started to notice this on the latest update where as on the old ones i dont feel this, my settings are the same. Probably wait till it get fixed?

Jul 27, 2022
I think it's because on the latest update the game changed to UE5 (Unreal Engine 5) that might probably causes the issue (not optimized yet) because i experienced it too. Im using DX12 anyways. I just started to notice this on the latest update where as on the old ones i dont feel this, my settings are the same. Probably wait till it get fixed?
yeah im gunna download a bunch of other games and see if its fixed there thank u so much for the help

Reactions: Koekieezz