Games Crash after 5-10 minutes of playing and sometimes I get Blue screen of death

Dec 31, 2018
Hello Everyone,
So recently I have built a brand new computer with the best of the best components and as soon as I got it functionally and got my old hard drive in it games that I would use to play just fine with my old PC now crash every 10 minutes of opening up if they don't crash on startup. After a while of the games crashing my entire PC seems to crash and I get the blue screen of death. So I Wiped my entire PC off my old hard drive and had a brand new windows 10 but after installing all my games again the same thing just happened. The weird thing is some days I can go the whole day without crashing but others its just non stop crashing and restarting my PC.

Here are my Specs:
I7-8700K
GTX 1080 TI
ASUS ROG STRIX Z-370 E gaming motherboard
750 watt 80+ bronze psu
16 gigs of ram (actually 32 but I took the other 16 out thinking it was the problem)
500 gigabyte SAMSUNG SSD
1 terabyte Hard Drive(This is my old PC's hard drive and has nothing on it yet.)

I have monitored my temps and neither my GPU or CPU go over 70 degrees Celsius and all of my games run as expected with this GPU but out of nowhere there inst any warning my game crashes or my PC crashes. I have also ran mini dumps but to no avail I don't know if I just don't understand anything it says or if there is nothing there because there is no image attached to the crash. I've looked at other peoples similar problems and it looks like RAM is almost always the problem but I can't find i problem with my ram sticks. I've also ran pc tests to see if all my hardware is working fine and all of it is, the only suspicious thing is my GPU was running in the 30th percentile of everyone else with the same GPU but at the same time my CPU was in the 99th percentile so I don't know if that has something to do with it. If someone could give me some help that would be amazing because I used a lot of money building this PC and I use it all day.

Thanks.

Dec 31, 2018

Alright so after installing all of those it hasn't helped. games still randomly close out with no error message and my pc has only crashed once which I don't think is any better. I used another minidump analyzer and i saw something about it saying likely being a ram corruption but i've tested out my old ram sticks and my new ones and neither have any difference on how many times a crash. It's also weird because now overwatch randomly closes with no message when it never crashed before installing the drivers.

richpixel

Prominent
Jan 3, 2019
To run System File Checker (SFC), follow these steps:

In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.
At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.
If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

Dec 31, 2018

Just did it, didnt find anything. since you replied (sorry I took so long) i've tried a memtest 86 to test my ram, still got a pass with no errors. would you think it could be a hardware problem because i've tried so many avenues to no avail. I've reset my pc, reinstalled windows, ran tests, and still nothing shows any sign of something no working. But i also feel if it was hardware nothing would work or it would be a lot more obvious. Also theres this weird thing, when playing GTA V when I go into the menu screen with the map my game goes down to 5 fps? and when in a game if I tab out typing becomes extremely laggy.