Question Games crash and shutter with new setup

Oct 11, 2019
Hello, i recently put an ASUS GTX 750 TI in my system and my games crash and have shuttering issues after a minute or so. I put the card in a friends PC and it works fine without shuddering and he has the same monitor I have, which doesn't have G-sync. To see if RAM was the problem, I took out one of my two ram sticks and would play to see if i had the same issue and then switched to the other ram, without successes. I know I could try memtest86, but what are the chances that both of my ram sticks are bad? i also monitored my GPU/CPU temperatures in which the GPU never went over 61 c, and the CPU never over 70 C. I have the latest drivers from Nvidia. I checked for the latest BIOS update, and from the description i knew it would not fix my issue. In case it was software related, I factory reset my PC which also was unsuccessful. I ran Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool in which only the BrandString test failed, but with research I learned it was nothing to worry about. What might be the issue? Thanks in advance

Setup:
Hp compaq 8000 slim edition (Windows 10)
ASUS GTX 750 TI
(In order to properly power my card, i use an external PCU, which i also used in my friends PC, so that can't be the issue because it worked fine)

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS