Nov 13, 2021
Computer specifications:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
RAM - 16 GB @ 2300
Motherboard - ROG STRIX B450-I
GPU - Geforce GTX 980 TI
Storage - 2X 1TB Samsung 980 M.2
PSU - 600 Watts

Many months back I started running into an issue of a game called Rust crashing. I have been playing my computer with no issues arising from any other game before this while running a triple monitor setup. During my time playing this game it would crash with two of my monitors going black and one monitor artifacting. This would happen at random intervals. After getting annoyed with this occurring I decided to try any other random games and tried CSGO which then also had the same issue. Soon after I noticed other games like VRCHAT having the same issue. As of now I cannot pinpoint what is causing this issue. I had believed it had something to do with just Rust but that is not the case and I can't play games on this pc. I then got into skyrim and after 80 hours of playing this, the game has crashed only 5 times which is not as frequent as everything else. I miss being able to play games on my gaming rig but am at a loss now as to what is causing this. Here are my different troubleshooting steps.

Restarting my computer.
Cleaning out the components with canned air.
Updating windows fully
Updating graphics driver to latest version.
Uninstalling graphics driver and re installing latest.
Going back to an older graphics driver.
Updating BIOS.
Lowering RAM frequency.
Unplugging the other monitors and having only one running without other applications such as twitch running.
Ran integrity of game cache on steam games.
Ran an SFC scan.
Lowered graphics settings for multiple games.
Ran memtest.
Ran pcbenchmark to see if when it reaches the graphics portion it would cause a crash. Nope.
Ran heaven benchmark.
Ran burnintest for 1 hour.

Seeing as I no longer work in the IT helpdesk position I used to I cannot get my hands on extra parts for testing. After all this time the only form of crashing comes when playing a game. This will crash the game or at times crash my computer. Any more ideas would be so much appreciated at this point.

Nov 13, 2021
I am unsure of the brand of the psu. The psu comes with this case. I bought it back when I worked at my last job. If anything I recall it was at least bronze rated.

Nov 13, 2021
Good evening rgd1101. Sorry I haven't responded this whole time. Work got crazy and most days I just wanna pass out when I get home. Anyways, I was able to buy a somewhat used RTX 2060 OC from a friend for a decent price and ever since I replaced the 980 ti I haven't crashed a single time. I also went ahead and purchased an NZXT h510 case along with an 850 watt corsair gold psu and some extra corsair fans. I decided to jump back from mini ITX to a computer case I can swap parts out more easily. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.